Catastrophe Averted

Gelite

Oh my friggen God! My ol'ladys boss just saved my ass!!!! My girl got a weather station from her boss for Xmas last year. It gives indoor and outdoor weather data. It has a wireless remote sensor for transmitting outside temp and humidity. I had to move my grow to a small building on my property and as a result I don't get to stare at my girls and watch them grow like I've always done in the past so I put the outdoor remote sensor in my grow room to kinda keep an eye on the ladies without having to go outside 10 times a day. Well a couple of hours ago I noticed the temperature was in the 90's. I was a bit alarmed but it is terribly hot outside so I just let it go. I look at the base station again and it's reading 104 degrees in my grow room. At this point the situation is critical. I go out to my grow room and the fan and the AC have shut off but the light is on. I'm thinking wow that weather station just totally saved my ass cause I try not to go out to the grow room so as not to draw attention to it. I wouldn't have gone out until 8:00 tonight when the lights go out to water and leaf feed or mist with water and do my Dailey routine. They would have been cooked by then and I would have lost them all. That weather station is my new best friend. Thank god I had it cause it truly did just save my ass.

Wow Gelite, your right that thing probably did just save your grow. Congratulations on catching it in time.

Oh, and nice Christmas present from your womens boss btw. My wife got me one for Christmas that comes with rain guage, Anemometer and temp/humidity monitor and I absolutely love it. Hooks up to my computer wirelessly and I confess I'm fixated on it thoughout the day.

Congrats again on avoiding the catastrophe.

Man I know exactly what u mean! I find myself constantly looking at that thing as if it were a scoreboard. Temp goes down a few decrees, TOUCHDOWN!!!!!! Lol. Mine isn't as nice as yours but it was good enough to save my ass and probably will again. It's been a weird weather day here. Humidity is WAY down for this area and today has been the hottest day of summer yet. Humidity in my room is 47% and I'm a month into flowering. Optimal humidity for this stage is what, like 60% humidity and about 70-85 degrees? My room has yet to cool off completely. It usually runs about 75-85 degrees. Right now it's 95 degrees in my room with the air on full blast. It's not at all insulated so the ac is fighting an uphill battle. I may have to move them again. I hope not. I may just use a larger AC..........thanks for the comment TanR.........

I bet there is an app for that! If not there should be. If u could get hygrometer and temp readings sent to your phone over the net. A camera would be nice too. If you could visually check them from anywhere. That would be awesome. I'm sure it could be done but if it were specifically marketed towards growers.

Back
Top Bottom