CBD May Put An End To Medical Marijuana Controversy

Robert Celt

The Cannabis CBD Controversy. Cannabis Sativa, the plant commonly known as marijuana, has been controversial since the 1600s. In the early 1920s prohibition of marijuana began and fell under national regulation as a narcotic in 1937. In 1970 the Controlled Substance Act gave it a Schedule 1 classification claiming marijuana had a high potential for abuse and no medicinal value.

Political agendas aside, scientists in other countries have since discovered significant medicinal value of marijuana, but there remains the controversy over the high potential for abuse. I do not believe that marijuana has higher potential for abuse than any other drug and therefore should have the same legal controls and freedoms.

California was the first to make marijuana legal for medicinal purposes in 1996. Since then 22 other states, and Washington D.C., made medical marijuana legal. And four states currently have legalized recreational use of marijuana. Another 12 states including California will decide by vote this year whether recreational use of marijuana will become legal.

Many of my respected colleagues strongly oppose the legalization of marijuana, citing their experience with the problems it causes many teens who claim that marijuana was their gateway to more dangerous drugs and behaviors.

I would not hazard to disagree with these experts in addiction medicine, but I would question that if marijuana were not present, wouldn't these troubled children find some other path to an altered state?

With the constant and never ending stream of drug marketing promising the answer to all your problems is just a matter of finding the right medication, I believe that there is a much bigger problem at stake than the legalization of marijuana.

The FDA has recently required stroke and heart attack warnings on the most common anti-inflammatory medications and all psychiatric drugs and over-the-counter pain medications made the Evidence Based Medicine Guru's the Cochrane Collaboration's Top 5 medicines to avoid.

Doctors are now being criminally prosecuted for prescription-related murder, while an even stronger, more instantly addictive form of Oxycontin is in the FDA approval pipeline.

At least one aspect of this legitimate marijuana controversy seems to be a no-brainer. In my article "CBD Oil: Legal Medical Marijuana without a Card," I discuss the benefits of CBD, the chemical in cannabis that shows medicinal value without the controversial abuse factor. CBD does not produce a high, only non-toxic, non-addictive pain relief.

Since there is no narcotic aspect of CBD, I carry it in my office, and many of my patients swear by it.

And if your pain is like most peoples' pain, there could be an old un rehabilitated spinal trauma, that while seemingly unrelated could hold the answer to fast lasting relief without the need for any ongoing medication.

A simple consultation will determine if you are a good candidate for a focused exam and no twist no crack specific spinal adjustment that could be the key to taking stress off your nerves and allowing you to get better.

CBD-Oil1.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: CBD May Put An End To Medical Marijuana Controversy
Author: Dr. Thomas Polucki
Photo Credit: None found

Back
Top Bottom