Cellmax Growing Cubes

yazz

Decided to use just grow cubes as experiment. So planted seeds into pots filled with these cellmax 1cm cubes. Plants grew very well for 4 weeks, then Big Trouble, plants started to slow and not thrive at all. So after investigating discovered that these cubes where completely Infested with root mites, so I checked the bag that still had some left over cubes, looked at them through microscope and there they were, completely infested with the buggers......My fault for not being diligent enough.....only managed to save one Plant and had to discard the others..so placed the saved plant in the ground outside which is now thriving...cleaned out grow closet and started again using soil plants now thriving......So be careful when using rockwall.........X

I am also using grow cubes this year for the first time (over the past 8 weeks. Thus far the four I have growing are thriving. Get mite solution for the mites and remember temperature is everything with pot plants and plants in general- under 68 degrees. Water temperature and room control indoors is important as well as air circulation. You can also use hydrogen peroxide to clean up any mold, and it will nourish the plant in general. Don't give up on the prize!!

Hi there thanks for your reply, I am at present growing 4 autos in soil [after disaster] and one outdoors in the ground using neem oil for all of them working well, also using a new product called gnat nix which is basically tiny glass pellets on top of soil, so far after 5 weeks no problems with any little pesky pests ..so looking forward to my efforts, xx I used hydrogen peroxide after drying soil to drench all pots before planting seeds [got a little paranoid] re; pests ..xx

Back
Top Bottom