Cellophane Buy Leads to Arrests, Marijuana

Weedpipe

420 Member
TX - A suspicious cellophane purchase led authorities to make three arrests and seize almost a ton of marijuana at a north McAllen home.

U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents arrested George Luis Balboa, Gregorio Galindo-Romero and his son Raymundo Galindo-Alcazar on federal drug charges Tuesday.

A criminal complaint filed in their case shows authorities spotted Balboa making a suspicious cellophane purchase at the Office Depot off North 10th Street in McAllen.

Balboa allegedly led undercover officers to the parking lot of the Peter Piper Pizza off South Cage Boulevard in Pharr where Galindo-Romero and his son were allegedly waiting.

Authorities followed the father and son to a nearby house off South Fir Street where authorities allegedly found packing materials and scales.

Pharr police conducted a traffic stop and allegedly found three bundles of marijuana in Balboa's car.

Court records show that authorities found another 160 bundles at his house at 5824 North 42nd Street in McAllen.

The three men appeared before U.S. Magistrate Court Judge Peter Ormsby in McAllen this morning.

Court records show that Balboa is a 41-year-old American citizen while 45-year-old Galindo-Romero and his 22-year-old son are Mexican nationals.

Judge Ormsby denied bond bond for all three of them until a Monday morning hearing.

According to the Action 4 News archives, this is the third major bust attributed to a suspicious cellphane purchase since November.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: KGBT 4
Copyright: KGBT 4

What makes a cellophane purchase suspicious? Did they buy an entire pallet of the stuff or something?

Methinks something else is going on here...

Methinks something else is going on here...

Haven't you heard the latest statistics.....Cellophane is a gateway packaging product. Once you try cellophane, you become addicted and are bound to try Styrofoam peanuts, packing tape, corrugated cardboard, and bubble wrap.

Just being a smart ass, but no more ridiculous than the prohibitionists claims..:grinjoint:.

haven't you heard the latest statistics.....cellophane is a gateway packaging product. Once you try cellophane, you become addicted and are bound to try styrofoam peanuts, packing tape, corrugated cardboard, and bubble wrap.

:rofl::rofl:

Texas is a Great Place ,In some ways BUT the Old Heads are NUTT"S , I just do not know how to Vote ,Yes I'm Voting but I'm going with the "TEA PARTY" Maybe some New Thinking will Prevail & Well I'm just Depressed Now. the F#@king Law's In Texas are WWWWAY to HARSH if not OUTDATED. wildmanmsxx

Back
Top Bottom