Cfl flowering question

Jacksus

Hello everybody! Flowering question.. Right now I'm on my 5 day of flowering.. Right now my light include 4 23w 4 20w and one 105w all day light.. I was wondering if adding my veg 120w 6700k 7000 lumin is recommended or not.
Cheers people and keep up the good work!

Due to the basic rule of daylight and white light on veg and flowering difrences in nature..
Can you share more knowledge if you know something that I don't? Because I have more white light from where that 120w come from...

So a whitelight can't hurt the flowering process but will it improve at? That's basically the question.

It is about Kelvin - the color of light - CLFs that are useful are in the 2800/3600 range (considered 'red') or 5500 to 6500 K for 'blue'.

The box the CFL is in should have both lumens rating and color guide - in Kelvin (K)

You can mix both bulbs, it is believed that the 2800/3600 is for flowering. I only use them for clone, mother, and vegging.
Replace them once a year as the color can fade..

White light with no plant PAR range - like in the 4500 range or 'green zone' do not help plants utilize the light as well, you can buy shitty light bulbs that do not grow plants.
DN

Plant PAR, usable light spectrum
This image shows the light that the plant can USE
(nano meters, as a cheat I add another "0" at the end to get the Kelvin rating - ie - 500 nano is 5000K)
the middle range about 4000K to 5000K is not that useable by the plant. Halogens are shit, they have no usable plant PAR. You can buy 'cool white' CFLs that are in the useless 4000k - 5000k range.

This image shows light bulbs designed in fixed spectrums -
File:Kelvin Temperature Chart.jpg - Wikipedia
Note that halogens and halides are right in the middle of the spectrum, almost useless to the plant.

so when you think about plant lights, you have to consider the plant spectrum of usable light.

DN

I try to learn the science behind what we are doing, so it helps.

Ignore the post above with the images, I started doing bong hits.. stick with the post I made before -

"It is about Kelvin - the color of light - CLFs that are useful are in the 2800/3600 range (considered 'red') or 5500 to 6500 K for 'blue'.

The box the CFL is in should have both lumens rating and color guide - in Kelvin (K)

You can mix both bulbs, it is believed that the 2800/3600 is for flowering. I only use them for clone, mother, and vegging.
Replace them once a year as the color can fade..

White light with no plant PAR range - like in the 4500 range or 'green zone' do not help plants utilize the light as well, you can buy shitty light bulbs that do not grow plants."

I don't claim to know everything, but always demand to see the science!

DN

The mix of both spectrums helps wi bud density with cfls. You def want a bit of 6500k or whatever. More 2700k than anything else tho.

This doesn't have to do with the flowering post, I'm just responding to what I read about keeping it away from children... Actually, they grow medical with low, almost no thc for children with epilepsy and it controls their seizures without getting them high. They don't smoke it, they make oil and ingest it. You can see videos on YouTube that will give you the full story.

Back
Top Bottom