250w CFL + 600w hps?

misterbissi

hey.. was wondering if adding a 600 w hps to a 250w 6700k would be beneficial or just waste electricity..(During VEG)
and for flowering i have an 250w 2700k cfl. and I guess that should be used with the HPS during flower :)

you can go CFL all the way if you like, my first run was with white widow 6 years ago to prove i could get dam stank bud from a cfl grow, my yield was not as big as a HPS grow, but it was still good and plenty.
for a look at CFL take a scroll through my journal linked below.

OK..
I have just seen so many using HPS for veg and flower.
But if 1 250w CFL is better than 1 250w cfl + 600w hps during veg, I will wait until flower before HPS'ing

I feel like you guys really don't understand the question...
Let me do it over:
I have now!
*** 1 x 250w CFL2700k , 1 x 250w CFL6400k, 600w HPS. ***

Ok??? No questions about MH or WHAT ABOUT THIS AND THAT..
SIMPLE QUESTION
IN MY VEG PERIOD SHOULD I ONLY USE THE VEG CFL ?? OR SHOULD I COMBINE THIS WITH THE HPS SEEING THERE IS MANY PPL OUT THERE USING ONLY HPS FOR VEG / FLOWER.

seriously.. i dont need to know that MH is for veg and hps is for flower. (or. I do need to know. but I already know).
Or that I can go CFL all the way. I have done 1 grow with CFL veg and CFL bloom.. I know this too...
What I am asking.. what I wanted to know, was:
AGAIN.: Seeing some ppl use hps for veg and flower.. and the hps wattage is higher than my cfl. would it benefit my veg stage if i add the HPS to the CFL (I AM ALREADY USING AND THIS IS THE VEG BULB (2700K IF U WONDERED))

Dutty Panty was the only one close to giving me an answer.

Sorry for the outbursts.. but I hate it when people don't read before answering. And ofc, you guys have to assume I'm a complete newbie.. but still. my question was simple, and didn't get answered :)

Seriously, I feel like reading comprehension isn't a strong talent of yours, kidding, but drink some coffee and take a puff. Dutty gave you the answer second post. If you don't trust him, nothing can help you.

You don't need the 600 until flower.

Don't be an askhole. :)

7 Reasons Why You Might Be an Ask-hole | Opinion

Good luck

I think adding the HPS would speed up your veg time a lot compared to CFL's, it does for me. Why not just go ahead and try it for yourself and gain the experience, if your plants are ready for it, the worse that can happen is they will be a little taller but you can prune accordingly. With certain strains, Scrog and LST I actually prefer the HPS for veg, the small increase in internodal spacing makes it easier to train and evenly space them.

You can add if you have low heat issues otherwise don't use in veg Imo. It leads to stretching of the plants while in veg.

Once there or you are ready to go 12/12 turn the hps on.

Back
Top Bottom