CFL or MH/HPS

FlyBoy

I have cca. 40x40x40cm growbox from two PCs. I have also 3 x 8cm fans for out and 2 x 12cm fans for in(all on 5V because of noise). Now i still havent decided what kind of lamp should i put in that box. I was thinking about 200W CFL dual (for veg and flo) and 150W MH/HPS (veg/flo). What do you think about that lamps? Is the wattage ok? Whitch lamp will produce more heat(cfl or mh/hps)? I can also buy 125w cfl dual or. 70w hps? Please help me out!

Watts equal heat... more watts more heat. Watts is just energy used, so any lamp will produce heat equal to it's watts.

HPS is the best all round bulb, for spectrum, and light generated per watt.

Yer space is pretty small, you may find in the warmer months you won;t be able to run anything but the cfl.

but the more light you can cram in there the heavier and denser yer buds will be. Just gotta keep it cool.

If you can seperate the light from the plant (Ie; glass) and vent the lights you can keep the box cool enough to let the plants grow right up to the glass.

anything over i'd say 20 - 30 watts and if the plant touches it for any length of time it will be toast.

Back
Top Bottom