Cfl reflector help

Hey tommy! Whats the true wattage on your bulbs? Jus curious, anyway I had bought 3 105w lightbulbs(bigger than my forearm). And I was baffled on how to even hang them.

It actually cost me about $6 to hang them. I did it pretty ghetto, but it works, and is still working now.. I used aluminum baking pans as reflectors.. check it out:

supplies4.JPG

here was the end result:
DSC007753.JPG

Hope it helps bro..

dro:peace:

dont no when i bought it, it just sed 300w bulb and is pretty huge, the baking pans is a brilliant idea, just wondering how are you keeping your bulbs horizontal cos thats the main problem im having

haha.. tommy the aluminum pans costed me $1.09 each and work jus as good if not better than the faded but dimpled hoods that are sold commercially..
Dude i smoked a big joint and brainstormed:idea:

My bulbs had U-tubes, and in the original packing there was a lil styrofoam insert they put into the bulbs...

What i did was cut to size & tie the lil styrofoam insert to the bottom of the bulb. The styrofoam inserts let me hang the lights without them touching the bar. Then I tied the bulb to the bar with shoelaces, and tied electrical tape over the shoelaces to be secure and snugg.
After that I cut the left and right of the aluminum pan(so it looks like a lightwing reflector) and i taped it to the bar over the light. Its suppa ghetto, i know, but its cheap and you will get great bud outta it

i was thinking about using shoe laces or string but was worried about them getting to hot and being a fire hazard, defo goin get sum alliminum pans tho cant beleve i didnt think of it so simple haha

You can make a reflector out of an aluminum turkey pan from the grocery store. If you want to get fancy, use some white enamel spray paint.

Back
Top Bottom