Chandler Officers In Shootout Were Trying To Sell Pot

It's all good SnowBender, I've got an overseas birth certificate too. Man, every Mexican I meet thinks I'm Mexican... (the older women are the worst, they get visibly angry because I don't speak Spanish :straightface: ) on top of that, I was born in another country (which comes up on almost all official documents). If you're looking like you're up to no good in front of the police then, just like any other person in any other state, you're gonna be approached and asked for some ID. In this case, the cops would just have the right to ask for proof of citizenship. Which would obviously include the same thing any U.S. citizen would be asked for, driver's licensr, passport, etc. It's not how the media portrays it out here, bro... except for the weather. That's usually pretty accurate :icon_cool

This is the cost of the war on drugs. Bad people make money...bad and good get killed. Familys are torn apart. Please put the bad guys out of business. Legalize the product, let the sun shine on innocent patients and rec users. Let me grow at home so Im not a part of this violence and leave me the hell alone. Party at my house on the day this wish comes true....yu all invited to celebrate and end to senseless violence!

I agree with our founding fathers and think you should have the right to walk around without carrying ID no matter how tan you are. (and I also agree with all that "give us your down traden and huddle masses" stuff too)

The west including AZ was "conquered" because the railroads, built by (forced) migrant workers, which allowed for the slaughter of the buffalo herds and decimation of the native population due to starvation (and murder).

Figures from the Arizona Dept. of Public Safety and the FBI actually show that violent crime rates in the state — as well as along the entire Southwest border — have been dropping for some time. According to those two agencies, here are crime facts for Arizona and the border states: * Violent crimes in Arizona — murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault — are down by 15 percent since 2006, and have been dropping every year.
* Per-capita violent crime rate in Arizona dropped 22 percent in that same time period.
* Crime has gone down nationally, but Arizona’s drop in violent crime was actually twice as big as the national average.
* Border cities are among the nation’s safest. Yes, that includes Phoenix, where kidnappings of human smugglers and their associates have spiked. In other words, unless you’re a smuggler of humans into the U.S., you’re safer in Phoenix than in Charlotte
* Counties along the Southwest border have some of the lowest rates of violent crime per capita in the nation, with rates dropping by more than 30 percent since the 1990s.
* There is no evidence of “spillover” of violence from Mexico. Example: El Paso is next to Juarez, Mexico, which has seen brutal drug wars take thousands of lives. El Paso, by contrast, had 12 murders last year, down from 17 in 2008. And finally, the stats that would drive the bigots nuts, if they were able to admit they’re wrong:
* Cities with high numbers of immigrants are actually safer.
All of the findings contradict Gov. Brewer’s ongoing scare tactics and, frankly, paranoid delusions. When you’re telling the public that nearly “all illegal immigrants are drug mules” and so forth, even after the new crime figures were released, your state has a big problem. And it’s not the immigrant population, legal or illegal. Brewer, as the state’s top public servant, should at least stick to the facts. It would help, too, if she’d listen to the scores of police chiefs in Arizona who are opposed to SB-1070.
Please read more , including a link to the full report, here.

Let's not lose our focus though. None of this changes the fact that the majority of violent crimes here are carried out by illegal migrants, no matter how low the percentage.

I couldn't say as I don't live there. But didn't I recently read that there were like 500+ kidnappings? Gross numbers of violent crime might be down, but I'll take a simple assault over being snatched and held for ransom any day of the week. They ought to be "worth" far more than most violent crimes.

Statistics clearly show... That statistics can generally be spun to seem to agree with anyone's idea of reality.

Yes, let's not lose our focus. the violence is a result of the profits illegal drugs represent and not from the lack of paperwork a person may or may not have.

Most of the violence in Oakland is committed by blacks, are you saying cops should start harassing all blacks for their 'papers' too?

Show me your papers” has no place in a democracy. That kinda shit belongs to the Nazi gestapo, and it needs to stay that way - in history books.

The black people (or white people for that matter, color is irrelevant) that are commiting crimes, usually cannot do their dirt and flee the country until things cool down, then come back and do it again. Like I said, you've got to be here. SnowBender, I do understand your point, I really do. And some proponants of 1070 are full fledged racists. But from what I see and hear happening out here, the issue is goes much deeper than racism. And when you have Hispanics (1st and 2nd generation) backing something like this, you've got to at least consider the reasons.

so long as they have a matching law that makes cops pull over people with confederate flag stickers and check for racsits, i dont see a problem.

Fact of the mater is the USA wouldn't be half the country it is now without the illegal migrant workforce.

The violence could be ended in 6 months to a year if the USA legalized drugs.

The other illegals would go home if companies like walmart and ordinary citizens with illegal landscapers and or housekeepers were taxed 75% for every year they hired an undocumented worker. Corse when going out to dinner, youd have to bus your own table, wash your own dishes and grow the food too for that matter.

6$ for a head of lettuce and $13 big macs, that would be awesome for the economy right now.

have you ever been to cali? We are a border state too. My Jr high was 75 % latino.

I've never been there. I came here from Indiana. My Junior High and High School was about 85% white 10% black and 5% hispanic, asian and indian combined. And you're right, America has definitely dug it's own spit pit, in regards to illegal migrant and immigrant workers. History is repeating itself (Africa's border was just too far away to send us packin'). And the fact that this land once belonged to Mexico makes the situation that much more volatile.

:morenutes:Its sad for the officer that got killed but its also sad for the other people that was killed in this foolishness. How the hell can u call someone a cop killer if they didnt know u was a cop. It was a undercover operation for the police to buy 500lbs of weed from someone and the cops pull 250,000 grand to the hood to pull the deal off. In my mind im thinking there could have been an easier way for the police to arrest these people without going to the evidence money but it sounds like the police got greedy and cocky. Im not taking sides in this event but i think the police was doing way to much on this one. They arrest people all day in phoenix for electrical communication charges and conspiracy charges that stick for some reason and u tell me that they couldnt find a better solution to knocking some drug dealers. I feel more for the suspected suspects for getting caught in a greedy pigs game.:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom