CherryPie Cross: Fan leaves turning purple after final flush

RedEyeJedi01

So I just did the final flush on two plants on Friday, 5/16/14, and my CherryPie Cross is now showing signs of Phosphorous deficiency, particularly the leaves turning purple. I mean, I know the final flush got rid of the nutes in the soil, but I would also figure there would be some nutes stored in the leaves. Is this a problem? Should I move to cut and harvest as soon as possible or does the deficiency not really matter at this point?

I do try to keep night temps low at this stage in order to trigger anthocyanin production, but ambient temps keep it between 67-71 at night, so I don't think it's cold enough to cause the leaves to drastically change color like this, but maybe I'm wrong? While the leaves do look cool, I just want to make sure it's not going to harm the end result this far in. Please help!

20140521_152849.jpg
20140521_152840_1_.jpg
20140521_152840.jpg
20140521_152829.jpg

This is old, but i have the exact same thing with a new seedline with slightly colder nghttime environment. I thought it was temperature related, as my night time temps do drop a bit lower. i am using a space heater in that area, now. ~67 shouldn't be low enough to cause a P def, though, but i guess his plant could be more sensitive? I am keeping this iteration in teh upper 60's at night and i have a purple leaf by 28days into bloom.

anyway, i think increasing the temp is slowing it down compared to original iteration of the plant. temperature is a factor for p-def for certain,but maybe all plants don't react the same at a specific temp.

i'll know for sure in the summer if it doesn't happen with warmer nights. from what i can tell, some gentics simply do this in the 60s F. Previous genetics didn't show this trait.

it has to be bad for harvest because it impacts photosynthesis. Unless it happens late enough that the energy stored within the plant can carry it through the end. Even then, it is still impacting the end result in some negative way, albeit negligibly.

Back
Top Bottom