City firefighter Patrick Murray Convicted Of Running Massive Marijuana Farm

MedicalNeed

A jury convicted a city firefighter Wednesday of running a massive marijuana farm in the basement of a house in Queens owned by a fellow Bravest.

"I'm in shock," Patrick Murray told his lawyer after the verdict came in last night three hours into deliberations.

Murray, a reputed member of a drug gang called "The Master Race," faces a minimum of five years in prison on the drug charges.

He also was convicted of endangering three children who lived above the hydroponic pot setup and were exposed to carbon dioxide gas and fertilizer fumes used in the growing process.

Federal Judge John Gleeson, who had barred prosecutors from mentioning Murray's reputed gang affiliation, immediately revoked the firefighter's $250,000 bail and blasted him for arrogantly lying on the witness stand.

"He [Murray] has a constitutional right to take the stand, but not commit perjury the way he did," Gleeson said.

Murray, who denied he was involved in the drug trade, was sunk by the testimony of co-defendant and Engine 292 colleague Matthew Cody, who cut a cooperation agreement with prosecutors this month.

Cody, who was not taking in enough rent money to cover the mortgage for the house, said Murray suggested growing pot in the basement to make up for the shortfall.

Acting on a tip, NYPD officers found more than 100 marijuana plants worth about $5,000.

"We're incredibly disappointed, and we will file an appeal," said defense lawyer Lee Ginsberg.

Cody and Murray earn $90,000 a year as firefighters and are still on the FDNY payroll.

NewsHawk: MedicalNeed: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: New York News, Traffic, Sports, Weather, Photos, Entertainment, and Gossip - NY Daily News
Author: John Marzulli
Copyright: 2010 NYDailyNews.com
Website:City firefighter Patrick Murray convicted of running massive marijuana farm

But did you catch the part where it says they are both still on the city's payroll? At 90 Thousand each.

Then,
Acting on a tip, NYPD officers found more than 100 marijuana plants worth about $5,000.
So they make sure to deflate the estimated final value? Never have I seen plant values so low?
I have a suspicion they did a low estimate on purpose. Hum?

only $5000.00 for 100 plants LMAO!!!!!!!! If it were anyone else it would be more like 5g for 1 plant lol. And still on the payroll too? Wow, talk about favoratism !!

What fumes from fertilizer see this is some bullshit they try to act like somehow the children are being hurt. So I guess if I was growing tomatoes or lettuce there is no fumes from the fertilizer. Lies Lies Lies they do it so much they don't even realize it

Back
Top Bottom