Civil Rights Movement of Marijuana

What conditions should marijuana legalizations abide by?

• The legalization of up to 1-14 grams of marijuana for recreational and medicinal use.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The legalization of up to 1-14 grams of marijuana for medicinal use only.

• The legalization of up to 14-28 grams of marijuana for recreational and medicinal use.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • The legalization of up to 14-28 grams of marijuana for medicinal use only.

• Did you sign my federal petition at [url]http://wh.gov/lCaSi?[/url]

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

paulsmokespot

BEFORE YOU READ: Please stop what you're doing at the moment, and really try to fully grasp and understand the message I'm trying to give. Absorb every word and trully understand what I'm saying.

Why have we just not done it yet? Every smoker and even some non-smokers want weed legalized. If all of us are as passionate about the legalization of marijuana as we say we are, why have we not just come together like we're trying to end segregation. I'm going to use some statistics here to support my claim:

African-Americans make up roughly 14% of the U.S. population, and as a whole, they were able to come together and end segregation in America. I understand that they also had help from civil rights activists from all types of ethnicities too, and I'm also just taking a shot in the dark here, but I'm GUESSING at least 35% of America's population during that time was pro-civil rights.

Now here's my theory as to why we can legalize marijuana:

A poll was taken by the Quinnipiac University in Nov. 2012 to ask American citizens about their views on the legalization of marijuana. Here were the results:

51%: Support the legalization of small amounts of marijuana for recreational use.
44%: Are against the legalization of marijuana.
7%: Are Unsure

That's more than half of the country supporting the legalization of marijuana! I wouldn't give a damn if they legalized amounts only up to 3 grams; the point would be that it's legal! My main focal point of this entire message is to eliminate the prosecution of innocent smokers. Here are some more statistics to support my claim:

In 2001, a study conducted by the FBI estimated that 723,627 people were arrested for marijuana related offenses. Of those 723,627 people, 88.6% (641,108) of those people were arrested for posession only. The remaining 82,518 people were arrested for the sale/manufacture of marijuana.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics, there were 2,292,133 incarcerated people as of 2009. Of those 2,292,133 people, 13% were in incarcerated due to marijuana realted offenses. That's 297,977 people! Of those 297,977 people, roughly 88.6% are incarcerated for posession only. That's 256,260 people in jail for an absolutely senseless reason! This study is also 3 years old, so those numbers have risen substaintially.

My point is guys...let's just do it already! I will not stop until I share this message to every website I can. I could go on and on to list the medical benefits of marijuana as well such as uses in epilepsy, MS, inflamitory diseases, etc., but that's not why I'm here.

I am here to ask everyone to sign my government petition for a "National Vote on the Legalization of Small Amounts of Marijuana for Medicinal and/or Recreational use". I need 150 signatures before it can be viewed by the public guys, so I REALLY need everyone reading this, to go to this address: wh.gov/lCaSi and enter a signature. If we all want to legalize it, now is our time to do it. YOU can make the difference between the legalization and persecution of marijuana, all you have to do is take a couple minutes to sign this petition.

We need each others help. We cannot do this alone. We need to come to the realization that now is the time to stand up for what we all trully believe, and KNOW is right. The facts do not lie. Now is the time to take action! We need to stand up for ourselves instead of being continually judged and shunned by the public. We need to come out of the shadows and try to help others open their minds. If we keep hiding and never face our demons, we will never see our true freedom. We did this as a nation for civil rights, and we can do it again!

Please be sure to sign my petition at wh.gov/lCaSi. I would love to hear any feedback from absolutely anyone. Please leave a comment, email me at paulsmokespot@yahoo.com, or view my WordPress page at paulsmokespot and post something on their. We can do this guys, we just need to unite!

Back
Top Bottom