Clone as Mother?

Tecumseh

Can a plant that is a clone itself be used as a mother plant with good results? Or will the clones taken from it be weaker? (like in that Michael Keaton movie, Multiplicity)

Lol, i like the way you relate this to a movie ;) Clones can be used as mother plants, the first set of clones can be described as T1, clones off clones as T2 etc etc. Ive brought T3 clones to flower a couple of times before and they seem absolutely fine, with each generation the genetics supposedly become less stable and you are more likely to experience defects (herms, wacky phenos etc). If you are planning on having a mother plant, you want that mother to have been carefully selected for its traits... the easiest way of doing this is by taking a clone from a plant you like the look of. I havent even gone to T4 clones, but most of the time by that point you want to try a new strain anyway ;)
All the best

Most likely the clones youve gotten somewhere else are already T3-Twhatever!!!! I don't think they lose much of there traits to soon!!! It's hoggwash!!! And hellya you will be wanting to grow a different strain anywho after a couple of times!!!

Thanx for the timely replies. That's good news. I've got 2 very beautiful little Blue City Diesel clones that I took from a plant that I grew from seed myself. I was wanting to make 1 of those a mama. I've been smoking the original plant for about a week now and I like the smoke. It seems to be a nice bushy strain that has some cool purple coloring and aromas toward the end of flowering. Also it's the very first plant that I've grown myself from seed to harvest.

Thanx for the timely replies. That's good news. I've got 2 very beautiful little Blue City Diesel clones that I took from a plant that I grew from seed myself. I was wanting to make 1 of those a mama. I've been smoking the original plant for about a week now and I like the smoke. It seems to be a nice bushy strain that has some cool purple coloring and aromas toward the end of flowering. Also it's the very first plant that I've grown myself from seed to harvest.

Sounds perfect! Don't worry about the genetic drift crap, it might be true to a degree, but it probably has more to do with the environment and care the plant gets after it's cloned. I've heard from growers who never kept a mother, and have grown the same strain for several years, they just take cuttings before they flower the current crop.:thumb:

:thumb: If your onto something good, why stop?
Never come across any blue city diesel before but ill keep an eye out since its got such a recommendation :)

Yah me too that shit sounds delish......blue city deisel.. Its Good Mood Food....

:thumb: If your onto something good, why stop?
Never come across any blue city diesel before but ill keep an eye out since its got such a recommendation :)

I got the seeds from a B.C. seedbank, Jordan of the Islands. It's Blueberry X New York City Diesel. I got the seeds as a replacement for another strain that they had run out of. Of the 2 seeds I planted, I got 1 male and 1 female. I actually managed to pollenate 1 bud on the female with pollen from the male. I got 2 mature seeds(1 of which I lost), and a couple of immature (green) seeds. So, I got one seed from my plant. Of course, there's still plenty of that plant left. I may find another seed or two. And I have 2 left from the seedbank.

It has a nice fruity aroma. It's not really properly cured yet. I've got a little over an ounce of it curing in a ball jar now. Fortunately I have some other stuff to smoke while that cures.

Back
Top Bottom