Clones look healthy, but

burrr

clones where cut about 24 days ago, and have been out of the dome for 10 days. they don't wilt, nor grow. they still don't have roots showing through the rapid rooter plugs. are they too cold at 70 degrees?
purplestepsisters.jpg

thats them in the tray. I would like to speed up things a little.

Re: clones look healthy, but..

At 20+ days and still no roots even showing in the rooters theres a problems somewhere. Clones like warm mediums when they are first starting to root 60-70 degrees may be a little too cool and slowing things down. You may try putting them back in the dome with a heating pad under it to heat up the medium. The second pic you got the whitening of the leaves is a somewhat a good thing in that it means that they have at least started to root. As for the plants not growing it because a fresh clone won't start to grow until it has an equal or greater amount of roots to foliage. This doesn't mean go and chop all the leaves off of slow rooting clones that will just slow them down even more. Next time try smaller clones and see if they root faster. I've seen clones with only two sets of leaves clone in about 10 days. I've also seen a fan leaf just stuck in the ground grow roots too.(pointless but interesting statement)

This morning I potted up two babies from a Romulan leaf I put down about three weeks ago. 'Tis fun to play with plants!

Re: Clones look healthy, but..

I have the same problem with my second attempt at cloning. The first attempt was perfect, but then I decided to use that room to veg the rooted clones, so the second batch is in a colder room and not rooting. From reading your post, I see that heat is the proble. Im going to go make some changes... Thanks for starting the thread, and thanks to everyone that helped you out because it helped me as well. Good luck with the girls!

This morning I potted up two babies from a Romulan leaf I put down about three weeks ago. 'Tis fun to play with plants!

That's really funny you did that with a Romulan leaf cause it was a Romulan leaf that I saw root.

Re: Clones look healthy, but..

I have the same problem with my second attempt at cloning. The first attempt was perfect, but then I decided to use that room to veg the rooted clones, so the second batch is in a colder room and not rooting. From reading your post, I see that heat is the proble. Im going to go make some changes... Thanks for starting the thread, and thanks to everyone that helped you out because it helped me as well. Good luck with the girls!

The best way to do it is to put the dome with clones in it's own separate little area with a light on 27/7 till they root. All you need for light is like one or two small cfl's. I've seen a guy keep his clones in a footlocker no dome no heating pad and just a single cfl on all the time and he had no problems. The box got around 80 and he kept them well misted. But a small cardboard box will work too. If you got an insert for the plugs in the dome be sure to cover the unused holes or else you get algae growth which can get to the new roots and kill the freshly rooted clones.

Back
Top Bottom