Cloning Autoflowers

dirty420247

Can autoflowering strains be cloned? Most autoflowers have 16-20 hour photoperiods, will putting them in 24 hours stop the autoflower so they can be cloned? :passitleft:

Interesting question... I have no personal experience but would venture to guess that autoflowering means just that... it is genetically predetermined & you won't be able to reveg, reflower, reveg, etc. If you did, I'm guessing you will get really funky growth and/or more females mixed with the occasional hermi dick popping up. You should try it & post results. Best.

Sorry, though you meant reveg & then clone. You could probably clone while in veg but they will likely flower very early... similar to the time the mom pops over...? Again, try it & post.

I thought the same thing, so I figured I would ask. I was looking at Easy Rider (Lowrider#2 x AK-47) but its pricey. I don't want to shell out the cash if I can't continue the strain via cloning.

yeah, think that might be a problem. Why autoflower anyway? I can't really see any particular benefit. Also, it is my understanding that autoflowering plants yield less. This is all anecdotal on my part, so...

yeah, think that might be a problem. Why autoflower anyway? I can't really see any particular benefit. Also, it is my understanding that autoflowering plants yield less. This is all anecdotal on my part, so...

8 weeks to harvest from seed. Not months, weeks. Thats why. Quantity is obviously less, but you can make up for it by having 4 or 5 harvests in the same timeframe as you would growing just one regular crop from seed.

:passitleft:

duh, obvious one there! lol- if you can't laugh at yourself... i can miss the simplest of things some times. Best brah!

I recognize that this is a very old thread but I'm hoping to breath some life into it. I've heard that you can clone autos but they will finish the same time as the mother. The problem with this I would imagine would be the super small yields not really making it worth it. But I'm gonna give it a try. I'm going to find the longest flower time auto strain and then clone it; this would be one of the super autos. I'll clone after week 2 or 3 before the plant shows its sex, this will give the clones of super autos at least another 8 weeks to bulk up. I'll do a grow journal but right now I want to see if anyone has tried to clone an autoflower since this 2009???

don't waste your time, dude, just run them regularly and clone photo plants :Namaste:

I do contract work way up north and I'd like to do some crops up there. The problem is that the temperature starts to dip below freezing as early as September- I don't think any photos can survive that. I believe C. Ruderalis is originally from Siberia-short growing season. I need the plants to be done in August.

There are some seed companies that sell non feminized seeds so I was thinking it might not be a bad idea to crop some seeds and plant them up north but then I'd have to make sure they're all girls...which isn't that big of a deal with autos (you usually know quickly). Anyways, I figure it's worth a try.

It would be great to do plant the area I do work in because it's plane access only, no one's looking for weed up there and no one will stumble upon them.

Yea, that sounds good. I'll seed a couple of them in one area and I'll try to clone a super-auto for the hell of it. I'll put a link to my journal on this tread when I start so if anyone who is interested can follow along.

The 4th clone of Amnesia auto looks best, but 80% of 3rd clone behave like reveg. of photo plant after flowering. Wild branching, shriveled leaves, just out of control. All clone stages (even un-rooted) showing same meager pistol dev. as mothers. Preliminary Conclusion: topping and cloning autos stunts everything and causes very weird growth. Yield MUST suffer. This is so old a thread, others must have tried forcing autos to clone....what up? Are we forced to BUY autos each crop. What a SCAM! Nice built in repeat business. I smell a rat. Seems the engineer is correct.

I've got candy cane, revolver and early miss auto flowering from Crop King Seeds, and I have got them to clone -they are rooted, and i'm just waiting to see if they'll produce anything.and see what they'll look like. I'll post some pics soon

i've got the auto flower clippings to root, and their vegging like normal and i'll post a few pics, their from Crop King seeds- candy cane, revolver, and early miss...

Picture_003309.jpg
this is the Early Miss auto flower

Picture_002302.jpg
this is the clone of the Early Miss, it rooted and vegged and is now starting to flower.

Back
Top Bottom