Cloning into coco: a few questions

DrDankness

Hello! Im going to be putting my clones into cups with coco soon and was wondering if straight tap water (200 ppm tap water) will be ok to feed them until i plant them in my grow room? I also have Canna Start nutes i could use. Ive only ever cloned into dirt. Im also trying to "prolong" them till i can get my current crop done. They are 1 week old today but my flowering plants arent done for 7 more weeks, so i kinda want to drag them out til then. Pretty much im saying is there a good way to kinda stunt them without hurting them? Maybe a little less light everyday or something? I only ask because i have a small tent for clones and dont want 30 one foot tall plants by the time they go to get transplanted. Thanks so much in advance!

Hello! Im going to be putting my clones into cups with coco soon and was wondering if straight tap water (200 ppm tap water) will be ok to feed them until i plant them in my grow room? I also have Canna Start nutes i could use. Ive only ever cloned into dirt. Im also trying to "prolong" them till i can get my current crop done. They are 1 week old today but my flowering plants arent done for 7 more weeks, so i kinda want to drag them out til then. Pretty much im saying is there a good way to kinda stunt them without hurting them? Maybe a little less light everyday or something? I only ask because i have a small tent for clones and dont want 30 one foot tall plants by the time they go to get transplanted. Thanks so much in advance!
Yes straight tap water will be fine until they show roots, then ph'd weak nutrients.
I just use a little water to keep the humidity up in a dome.
Never heard of cloning in coco, but they seem to be successful in pretty much everything else, even a cup of water, so should work.

Oh, I've noticed when I keep clones in colder environment, they slowed down.
But you would most probably have good results keeping them bonsai style with little snips here and there.

Perfect! Thanks! I can actually get the temps kinda lower in the tent so i might try low 70s if i can. I actually meant putting them into coco filled cups with the clone in a root riot cube. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Back
Top Bottom