Close to harvest, Questions about trimming,drying and curing

BCbud9

Okay so I have been growing a plant in a somewhat small closet with a DWC bucket and CFLs.. I vegged her for 2 months before switching to the flowering process on 12 12 and changing 6 out of 8 bulbs to soft white early April.. I want to ask about trimming because she got huge and bushy soon after starting the flowering and I think some of the lower parts of the plant aren't getting enough light because there are a lot of leaves covering the branches.. a few of the branches grew out sideways and made there way up and look great now but there are a lot of branches covered by leaves that are just barely producing those white hairs where the buds grow(sorry I forget the proper term) but the branches that made there way out have produced a lot of them and some are even starting to turn orange if that means anything(should they be turning color this early in the flowering stage-should I take the nute level down a few notches).. I am basically just wondering if I can trim a bunch of the fan leaves to give the lower branches a fair chance to grow before harvest next month or is it better I just let them be to avoid hurting the plant and hope they do okay.. I have heard of people trimming the bottom third before switching to flowering and I think I see why.. Is this a good idea when doing Veg for 2 months due to the amount of leaves and size of the plant

And I just wanted to know an easy and efficient way of drying and curing after harvest for a first time grower.. I have heard to flush for 1-2 weeks before harvest but after that my plan was to hang the branches in the closet with the door open with a fan blowing in the doorway on oscillate and a fan in the closet on oscillate facing away from the plants blowing against the wall and out the door.. The humidity level is a steady 55% right now and temp is 23-28 degrees Celsius which I think is about 77-85F.. It is pretty warm in the closet and room so I am worried that mold might get to the buds if there isn't enough air flow but then again I don't want to force the drying process and get some harsh bud so is there any advice somebody can give based on that.. And lastly what is the difference between just hanging & drying versus curing.. Does curing involve a different process or is it just another word for drying.

Curing is pitting it in containers for a couple of months to let the THC build up, most people use mason/moonshine jars.

No, what wufo said, to cure it you need to let it sit in a jar and keep opening and closing the jar about every 3 to 4 hrs for the first two days. Then use your best judgement on what kind of smell you are looking for. Remember if you smell any hay smell then you did not let it dry correctly and you allso might need to let it cure longer.

Okay so I have been growing a plant in a somewhat small closet with a DWC bucket and CFLs.. I vegged her for 2 months before switching to the flowering process on 12 12 and changing 6 out of 8 bulbs to soft white early April.. I want to ask about trimming because she got huge and bushy soon after starting the flowering and I think some of the lower parts of the plant aren't getting enough light because there are a lot of leaves covering the branches.. a few of the branches grew out sideways and made there way up and look great now but there are a lot of branches covered by leaves that are just barely producing those white hairs where the buds grow(sorry I forget the proper term) but the branches that made there way out have produced a lot of them and some are even starting to turn orange if that means anything(should they be turning color this early in the flowering stage-should I take the nute level down a few notches).. I am basically just wondering if I can trim a bunch of the fan leaves to give the lower branches a fair chance to grow before harvest next month or is it better I just let them be to avoid hurting the plant and hope they do okay.. I have heard of people trimming the bottom third before switching to flowering and I think I see why.. Is this a good idea when doing Veg for 2 months due to the amount of leaves and size of the plant

And I just wanted to know an easy and efficient way of drying and curing after harvest for a first time grower.. I have heard to flush for 1-2 weeks before harvest but after that my plan was to hang the branches in the closet with the door open with a fan blowing in the doorway on oscillate and a fan in the closet on oscillate facing away from the plants blowing against the wall and out the door.. The humidity level is a steady 55% right now and temp is 23-28 degrees Celsius which I think is about 77-85F.. It is pretty warm in the closet and room so I am worried that mold might get to the buds if there isn't enough air flow but then again I don't want to force the drying process and get some harsh bud so is there any advice somebody can give based on that.. And lastly what is the difference between just hanging & drying versus curing.. Does curing involve a different process or is it just another word for drying.

Thanks wufo and grower215, that actually helped a lot.. is it really important to cure the bud or can I still get good results from hanging it and letting it dry.. I don't want the mess up the cure and have some bad tasting bud but I don't want to hang it and have it dry to fast either.. maybe I will take half the bud and attempt to cure it in jars and hang the other half and see what turns out best.. I know if it is cured right it would be better but I don't want to take the chance and mess it all up.

Back
Top Bottom