Closet Grow Ventilation Questions

DarthVader

Hey everyone I'm new here on the forums. I just recently got my closet grow up and running and I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to cool it. My closet is about 2.5x5 feet and has two doors. The doors however rather than opening outwards towards you, slide to one side so only one side is open at a time. Originally I was planning on hanging a sheet of Black/White poly behind the door so that i could close the door if need be. So My first question is would there be anyway to run a duct into the closet without compromising the functionality of the doors. Which also leads me to my second question would it be acceptable to have a duct pulling air from the central A/C in my house i.e. that little square vent that blows A/C into the room. I know its tough to make the call without pics so I'll post some a little later on. Any input is much appreciated, please and thank you

unless the doors seal completely, just keep an oscillating fan on them to circulate the air and it should be fine.
as far as i know unless you cut a vent hole in the door and connect an inline fan and some flexible ducting to it so you can still open the door, i cant really think of any other way. pics would give a little bit more clearer idea of what you have to work with

good luck with your grow and hope this helps

I have the same size closet as you do. I got out my dremel tool and cut a ten inch whole at the top of my door and then screwed a same size fan to the inside of the door after taking off the front of the fan. It works great and it sucks in air from the h touge gap underneath my doors.I kept the cut out piece to fiberglass back into the door.

Back
Top Bottom