clueless and TRYING to grow

parttimestoner

ok, so i know that expert growers are really tired of helping people out but i am soooo completely clueless on how to start.

i have looked up EVERYTHING. i have ALL the info. im juss not that kinda learner. you cant juss sit there and tell me something and i can do it. here is the story so far:

i got a couple of seeds from my brother when he picked them out of a nugget that he got from a friend for free. its about like 5-6 seeds and they are green and white, not dark. i squeezed them to make sure that they were mature and i dont wanna waste one by throwing it into a frying pan and wait for it to pop. right now im TRYING to germinate ONE seed so if i mess that one up i can start over. i wrapped it up in a paper towel and dunked it into a cup of tap water and placed it on a plate where it is hidden in my dresser. its been three days and nothing. it looks greener and that is it. i heard that m.j. doesnt like the chlorine that comes from the tap. is that a problem?

i havent touched the seed so i dont kill it but i open it up and i look for the tap root. this is all frusterating. i dont know if i should start over or what. i think that im being really impatient.

other than that, i dont know ANYTHING about the plant. i have read up on it and that is it. never seen one in real life (other than bud in a sack or a bowl) so i dont know what part is the bud and what do you do with the leaves when its time for harvesting. me and my brother (full time toker) sat and talked about it. he said something about when the plant starts to flower the leaves come back in and bundle up and become the bud. i dont know about that. i havent seen anything like that in the pics. i KNOW that there are some GREAT growers out there but i dont know anything. how do i know if my seeds are sativa or not? are seeds that have been pulled out of a sack or a bud not good for growing because of the drying out process?

please help me out with all of the advice that you can! i would really really really appreciate it! help me out with the germinating first cuz i need to do that and then with the other questions that i have. i know that they are stupid but, hey, somebody asked how to smoke weed! maybe this isnt so dumb a question after all. hehe.

anyway, how hard is it to grow a WEED! they are supposed to grow on their own! HELP!

ok try this. fill up a cup of water. put 2 seeds right in the water. and put it up some where warm and dark. for 2 days let them sit in the water. than place them inbetween 2 paper towels place the 2 paper towels into a gallon zip loc bag. throw the bag between ur clothes in ur dresser. leave untill tap root inch or so long. than plant in soil. hit it with light if u want. i do. u gotta give us a lil info on the room u got to work with. lighting. etc. things of this nature

edit: make sure u suck out all the oxygen in the gallon bag.

well, im growing INDOORS in my room. i want to start of with a big pot so that i dont have to transfer and risk putting the plant into shock or killing it. i wanna grow in the closet with a grow box that im gonna make myself. i dont have anything yet. i WANT to use some kind of buld that will emit blue spectral scale lighting so that it will enhance the flowering of it. im trying to work with water that has been sitting overnight because the chlorine would have mostly evaporated out of it. about fertalizer, using a fertalizer with a larger middle number will, i heard, make the buds bigger but i dont wanna use that the whole time if i can get some worm water to spray ON the plants. i have no idea how to get it though.all of this costs alotta money and i cant juss go into a store and buy all of it at once. ill get caught for sure! so im trying to use other things instead and bum the off of others or something or use my own. i dont have a lighting fixture right now but i might use a clamp light that we used for our iguana (dead) that has an aluminum dome that goes around it to expand the lighting. i know what all i need to get, its the GETTING part that is hard.im working exclusively in my room. closet will give me more room to grow.are there any suggestions on alternative, yet efficient ways to do this. I.E. lighting with a different bulb, using a different kind of dirt, other kind of food for the plant instead of fertalizer and worm water.i dont have a source of income yet so its hard to get my hands on some money and supplies.oh, and i might wanna add, nobody smokes in my room but with the ventilation throughout the house, will it hurt the plant?

if the seeds aren't dark, they are immature and won't grow. If you do manage to get them to germinate they won't live long after that. sorry... If you get your hands on some DARK seeds (brown/black/stripey) you have a much better chance of getting something out of it.

HHW

man, i tossed those seeds though. i hated them. i got a load of seeds from a friend. all of them are brown or juss plain dark. one of them is black! i heard that black seeds are really good! i doubt that it is true though. maybe it was just a screwed up seed. im germinating like 6 seeds but i think that im juss gonna like 1-4 plants. i wont let em get that big. how can you get the plant to grow more horizontal than vertical and if it grows wider and shorter does it still grow the same amount of bud? thanks

I'm sorry, but it doesn't seem like you've done your research. You have a general idea of what to do, but it's filled with a lot of myths and questions. You should know exactly what lights and medium you will use. The timing and fertilzers have to be monitored.....

I've said it before, and although it's harsh it is also true:
If you're not willing to prepare your grow space with the things your plant will need, then you shouldn't be growing.
Why would you want to waste seeds on a grow that will produce nothing but crap?

Check out the Grow Forums, especially the Grow Journals.
You can learn a lot by watching someone grow their plant from start to finish, while answering people's questions about most of the same things you are wondering.

I only say this because I want you to have the best grow possible. If you're going to grow pot, you might as well do it right ;)
You are definitly on the right track... you just have to keep asking questions and getting good answers..

Good luck, and keep us posted :cheesygrinsmiley:

EDIT: As far as chlorine goes, it's not usually a big problem. I have very hard water in my area, with a lot of chlorine build up... and my garden with Lord Jebus (we have both soil and hydro) gets normal, unfiltered tap water. We've yet to have any trouble with the chlorine.
If you're really worried, visit your local pet store and grab some water conditioner. Make sure you get conditioner used to neutralize chlorine. Premix your water (following the instructions since it differs) and then use that water.

ok i have a question. i know this but i wanted to make sure. i learned like almost everything within a week and all the new info gets jumbled sometimes. in the veggying state alotta people do 24/0 lighting (which i plan to do) and others do 12/12 after a couple of weeks of 24/0. which one is best? i wanna have a shorter and squatier but wider plant. in the flowering state its says to go to 16/8 lighting but i heard that more time in the dark will produce a female. what should i do? i dont want males. help! thanks!

When vegging, use either 18/6 or 24/0,
12/12 is used for the flowering stage.

re clamp light get a compact flouroesent bulb highest wattage you can with daylight or color temp number up above 5000 k after seedling is above ground keep it close like 2 inches if you have a local library near get a gardening book most doesn't apply to indoor but itll help you get familar if you have a yard start some kind of veggies or a window box helps explain grow related stuff and good practice for the real deal plus if your grow works well 1st time out you have some quality munchies
that you raised from seed to enjoy with your buzz... lots of ways to germ inate but all seem to need warm &water &wait.. www. whatever the germination receipes all over the net how warm is your space ? fresh air?

haha check out my link at the bottom of this reply. its my first grow. it has all the info on there. its going really great. im so stoked, its really a rush to be doing this. this was a thread that i started when i was having trouble germinating. my grow journal has all my info. im using a 24" 118W florescent light with a CFL bulb. its a closet microgrow. everything is turning out really well. thanks!

24/7 light for the first couple of weeks is cool, but the plant needs dark time eventually, so put it on 18light/6dark, for few more weeks, cuz a plant grows in the dark, too

im gonna wait for like 2 weeks to pass and then put it on 18/6 lighting so that the plant doesnt get that big. the plant is most productive in its dark hours so i wanna schedule it so that it doesnt get outta hand. im doin all that i can to make is shorter. (LST, topping). i cant type right now. i have too much shit on my mind. no offense. juss check out my grow link. its got all the info on there.

Back
Top Bottom