Co2 Bags?

safeman

Thre are a number if CO2 bags out there, you have the bags (CO2 Bags) Aresol cans, Pads (green pads), and boxes ( ther are two specific one's one for veg and one for flower. Know that the best CO2 are tanks - but for small spaces the other work some what - Do know that the Temps' has to be about 80 degrees for the bags, boxes to work properly:420: What is you take? a waste of money?

Im currently using 'the enhancer', it's a co2 dispersing product out of Canada. It works well for me but I would only recommend it for small grows. Not sure exactly how may ppm's it produces but it making a noticeable difference. It's a bit pricey, costing about $40 a bottle and it last 2-3 weeks but my flowers are dense. Hope this helps and best of luck on your grow.

Im currently using 'the enhancer', it's a co2 dispersing product out of Canada. It works well for me but I would only recommend it for small grows. Not sure exactly how may ppm's it produces but it making a noticeable difference. It's a bit pricey, costing about $40 a bottle and it last 2-3 weeks but my flowers are dense. Hope this helps and best of luck on your grow.

Seen test done by Green Pads and the CO2 level's were very high (1500) believe, have heard of the "enhancer" seems that it would , but as you mention all CO2 products are made for small spaces or one need many, many ---CO2 tanks are the best, but, that's a another story

I had two of the Mycelium Co2 bags and I can tell you....

...they were shite. sorry.

The amounts of co2 varied almost by the hour with the majority coming out during dark hours (when the plants are asleep and breathing oxygen instead!)

They're a living thing so you can't predict how well they'll work, and their output drops with the temperature but if it's too hot they'll just dry out.

I used two of them for two grows, i didn't notice any significant increasing in yield versus not using them (same conditions and strain etc), for me they were just in the way.

If you do venture into co2 enrichment, look at the alternatives. I plan to look at the other options myself.

I have now thrown the bags out.

I've looked into getting a CO2 setup and I haven't seen much luck with all the research that I have done. If you are going to use a bag or a bottle, you might as well buy a sensor to see how effective it is. I've decided to bite the bullet and just buy a tank. It's going to be a $300-350 to get everything up and going. I run a small box so the tank should last me a while.

I've looked into getting a CO2 setup and I haven't seen much luck with all the research that I have done. If you are going to use a bag or a bottle, you might as well buy a sensor to see how effective it is. I've decided to bite the bullet and just buy a tank. It's going to be a $300-350 to get everything up and going. I run a small box so the tank should last me a while.

What about the TNT Enhancer CO2 aresol can - seems best of all even beats the Green Pads - No bags really work. But IF grow space is no bigger than 4by4

Besides co2 bag look into the " TBN Enhanser one TBN canaster will work for you and give you a 1500ppm for that size, you do know what stage to use them at ? also the temp must be around 80 degrees for co2 products to work, also a fen is recommended because the co2 is heavier than air - Cost $50.00

I have all my equipment set up.... 1 - 6 inch intake fan @ 260 SFM, 1 - 6 inch exhaust fan @ 260 SFM and an oscillating tower fan. You may have misunderstood my question....How important (or not) is the use of CO2 ? It just seems to me that with all the air in the tent being circulated and replaced in less than a minute 4x4x6 is = 96 sq feet, the use of CO2 may be irrelevant and nothing more than a waste..That being said.... thanks for your reply :thumb:

They say use in weeks 3-4 of flower stage. CO2 used at the right time DO help - you will notice the difference - worth the money in reguards to returns , especially when you can have an 1500ppm in your space

I am a very big on spending as little as have to but getting as much as I can back in turn out of my investment... I have been doing the math and crunching the numbers on the CO2 buckets and CO2 Bags, etc... including even those homemade DIY projects... Bottom line is this... if you are going to do a single one-time grow as some research project and then pack it up, do with the CO2 bucket and be done with it. But if you plan to grow for any length of time or any amount (small or large) either buy a new/used CO2 tank like for soda pop machines at restaurants, buy the gauge to regulate it save yourself a ton of money in the long run. It will cost more in the short term, but I was just looking at a used CO2 tank for $50... I can get it filled and pay the $100 for the regulator or spend $40+ on a CO2 bucket.

"IF" the bucket is able to supply your growing needs, and I use "IF" as a BIG WORD, because there is a lot of variables that can play into it, it will only put out so much CO2, and if you need more well you are going to be short. On a CO2 tank if you need more, you increase it, if you need less you decrease it. You can sell it off later if you want to, pack it up put it away and store it and still have it. All in all I personally wouldn't waste money on a anything other than a CO2 tank or some sort of a CO2 generator for larger grows.

Since CO2 is heavier than air, most people do not realize unless you do your research CO2 can build up in an enclosed area over a period of time. Just because you grow inside a tent, you could seal off the room or outside area and still build up the CO2 in the area and still recycle the air in and out of the tent and still keep up the CO2 levels... It can be done, but it depends on how you vent your system, etc...

Last time i used a CO2-Bag in my small-scale system. Don't know if this helped in any way or too, because i had another strain and conditions. But ~20€ (reduced price) for a 100 gramm (~3.5 oz) made me doing some research. I suppose it's mostly a baking agent (Baker's salt, ABC-Backtriebmittel; a mixture of ammonium carbonate/carbamat), you can smell the ammonium and it builds some lumps (from the H2O) over time. So i bought something called Hirschhornsalz/salt of the hartshorn (the pure chemical stuff!) for ~6€ per kilogramm (~35 oz). I filled it in small bags ~25g/1oz, made some air holes and hanged them aside frome my led lamps. I also filled a low jar of jam, fixed a rough cloth over the hole and placed it on my led lamp.
How much does it raise the CO2 ppm? I don't know, but as long i smell the ammonium, there will be CO2 too. I suppose it's the simplest and easiest/cheapest way to raise the ppm of CO2 a bit - in a small place.

TBN has a 1500 ppm - which is good for small spaces - says it can keep a 4 by 4 space at 1500ppm which is good -Don't know what's the product make-up. Had no luck with the bags. Ever hear of Green Pad Co2 generators ? Never had luck with "making" my own CO2:thumb:

Sorry to be the "you can't do that guy" but I'm just trying to save you time and effort in the hunt for CO2.
The only honest answer here is save up and get a proper CO2 solution, tanks and regulators or just spend time breathing air in the same room as your plants.

I looked into the CO2 satchels, looked into vinegar bicab soda, homebrew kits and just about everything else in-between in the hunt to increase CO2.
The vinegar tricks aren't worth the effort, the CO2 satchels only work in a very very small area nothing like 4x4 but more like 1x1, if you have an area with a decent sized plant it's already much larger for the satchels to work even if you use 4-6 at the same time. Homebrew kits only work for a few days and then the CO2 production is poor.

In my humble opinion there is no easy way around it just forget about it unless you get a proper solution(regulators and tanks) and just spend more time in the room.

I don't think there are any easy alternatives that provide ample CO2 for a sustained period, and it's the sustained period that's very hard to achieve without a tank. Also remember CO2 is a heavier gas so it will sink which means your solution needs to either be really really hardcore or the CO2 gas needs to enter the grow area from the roof (or as high as possible).

I specifically looked at Green Pad Co2 generators and the guy at the store even said just save your money and talked me out of the purchase even though they did have them in stock. If the store isn't willing to sell it to ya that speaks volumes.

You are right - tried many co2 "stuff" and I agree when it comes down to it - tanks - are the way to go. Thanks for your information. In the Co2 case tanks are the way to go ; everything else is a waste of money

I understand the need for CO2 and as you dial in your environment it's certainly a big factor you want to sort out, I think I almost started to obsess about it because everything else I had was pretty spot on except CO2. And when I started shopping around I got a rather rude shock at the cost of the setup.

Also don't forget that CO2 is a dangerous gas, it's odorless, colorless and you should not expose yourself to more then 5000PPM of CO2 across an eight hour period. That's why going nuts with CO2 alone in your room isn't a good idea if you're not prepared to research into a correct solution don't do it.

Here are some fun facts about CO2.

CO2 is present in the atmosphere at 0.035%
In terms of worker safety, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has set a permissible exposure
limit (PEL) for CO2 of 5,000 parts per million (ppm) over an 8-hour work day, which is
equivalent to 0.5% by volume of air. Similarly, the American Conference of Governmental
Industrial Hygienists TLV (threshold limit value) is 5,000 ppm for an 8-hour workday, with a ceiling exposure limit of 30,000 ppm for a 10-minute period based on acute inhalation. A value of 40,000ppm is considered immediately dangerous to life and health based on the fact that a 30-minute exposure to 50,000 ppm produces intoxication, and concentrations greater than that (7-10%) produce unconsciousness. Additionally, acute toxicity data show the lethal concentration low (LCLo) for CO2 is 90,000 ppm (9%) over 5 minutes.

We all want the best buds we can produce but dieing from asphyxiate isn't worth it.

Thanks !! Great information - also make sense - I really like what you said - "dieing for it" was really interested in CO2 because of how you put it -was considering TNB NATURAL - but after all the input -going to save money . Co2 use really is reserved for professional commerical growing (legal). Not to take anything from the folks on this forum

Back
Top Bottom