Coco Coir - pH 5.0 goes in 7.0 comes out

Leesus

Hey.-Distilled water 5.0 pH goes in. Check runoff 7.0 comes out. PPM is 0-10 did an 8 gallon flush with distilled pH 5.0 water. Curiosity is killing me. Help please. Feminized White widow ready to be planted.

You'll be fine, coco naturally has a high pH around 7-7.5, it will also depend on the brand if it has been thoroughly rinsed, a lot of times it will still have salts in it as they dry/process it by the ocean/sea. (a lot of brands have gotten better about that)

You can use 5.8pH to water, but keep giving 5.8pH water/nutrient solution and you should be fine, I have grown in coco and never checked run off, as long as you put in 5.8pH everything should be good, later in flower they will like 6.0-6.2 on some strains.

So can I water if with regular tap water of it's been sitting for 24 hours? I don't need to adjust the Ph for watering just for nutes? I'm using advanced Ph perfect trio and it seems to make the pH around 5.. but I read not to use Ph up or down with the pH perfect nutes..

You'll be fine, coco naturally has a high pH around 7-7.5, it will also depend on the brand if it has been thoroughly rinsed, a lot of times it will still have salts in it as they dry/process it by the ocean/sea. (a lot of brands have gotten better about that)

You can use 5.8pH to water, but keep giving 5.8pH water/nutrient solution and you should be fine, I have grown in coco and never checked run off, as long as you put in 5.8pH everything should be good, later in flower they will like 6.0-6.2 on some strains.

So can I water if with regular tap water of it's been sitting for 24 hours? I don't need to adjust the Ph for watering just for nutes? I'm using advanced Ph perfect trio and it seems to make the pH around 5.. but I read not to use Ph up or down with the pH perfect nutes..

I would bubble the tap water for 24hrs. I use AN pH perfect GMB(Grow,Micro,Bloom), taught a friend with it and he uses tap water, used pH up & down in it with no problems, his tap water made it settle at 6.3pH (light ppm's under 500ppm), so we used pH down with no problem, I don't think you'll have a problem using pH up.

When the plants first get growing, there isn't a lot of AN pH perfect in the solution, since there isn't a lot of TDS/PPM's used, so you will have to use pH up/down to keep it in check. When the plants are bigger and use more TDS/PPM's say around 650-700ppm, that's when you won't need to pH the nutrient solution much(if at all). Always mix up your nutrient solution first, micro first, then grow, then bloom, and then all your other supplements if any, then pH to 5.8pH. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom