Cold

J842P

Ok, yesterday I smoked a couple bowls outside with my friends. A cold front had come (and is still here) in my area, and it was fucking cold, well, at least a lot colder than I had become use to. Then we go into my friends freezing ass basement and I'm even colder. I start getting chills and it's freaking me out. I start lunching out and it's not cool.
So I go home, get into bed and I'm still FREEZING. This is starting to really freak me out. My high, paranoid mind is racing about whether the shit was laced, (I don't think so, it tasted like weed and everything about the high was the same except for the violent chills...) whether I'm fatally ill or whether I just can't smoke anymore since I got busted because I can't relax... so I make some tea and start playing some video games. The tea warms me up and I got sooo much better. God of War was awesome.
Have any of you ever experianced this? I should add that I have allergies like a bitch, havn't been sleeping enough hours lately and woke up the other night freezing because I had forgotten to put bedcovers on and the cold front had just come. I can remember other times when the cold has effected me like this when I'm high. Most notably, this New Years. I was outside in the freezing cold for like an hour hitting joints on my friends deck (we couldn't go inside because he didn't want the smell...) and I started getting chills and my teeth were chattering. I think it's just that weed, i've noticed it does something to my circulatory system that lets me get colder faster (i've always been pretty sensitive to the cold anyway) and weed just augments all our experiances, good or bad...
It was scary, have any of you ever had something like this happen?

Wow 20 people saw this and said shit...
What can I expect from my stoned ramblings...

i was getting fucking chills though... it was scary...

Yes. It has happened to me. I was (many years ago) with a group of people. We were on a boat. It was sunny and not freezing. But, I began getting colder, and colder. I was shaking. My jaw was chattering. The others came and actually wrapped another jacket around me, went inside the cabin and got some heat going.

Ok..here I come with the science nonsense I commonly bring! :smokin:

When you take inhalants...mainly tobacco...you constrict your blood vessels. Tobacco smokers commonly feel this effect for the tobacco 'awakens' the nicoranic sensors in your central nervous system. Thus, we dub the word 'Nicotine'. Nicotine affects your CNS in the exact manner. Just for information, Nicoranic sensors pick up laxing, stress-relieveing impulses from the CNS. Since Nicotine has a primary component to naturally affect the CNS via the sensors for which it is named...we get the chills (for the cigarette smokers like myself).

Any intoxicant, which regulates either the epidermal temperature (skin's temperature...this does NOT mean the bodies' natural temp. generated through endothermics), or the internal..which is mainly harsh intoxicants or diseases, can have the effect of the chills. In summary, what you are probably feeling is the constriction of your vessels. Your body directs most of its endothermic energy to the main core, meaning the heart, lungs, brain...all of the major organs that keep your clock ticking.

I get chills from smoking, both tobacco and Mary Jane. I wouldn't worry too much, it is just your body defending itself in a physiological manner. If it gets WAY to crucial for you to bear...seek medical attention!

I'm not a doctor......................................yet. :grinjoint:

No it was only this once. Yea, I knew smoking constricted blood vessels, I just didn't want to be wrong and sound like an ass.
It was mostly because of this kids cold ass basement.

not to be a dick

j842p said:
It means to act weird... stupid...

lunching n. : 1. The act of eating lunch.

More results...
lunch v. lunched ◊ lunching ◊ lunches < l&n[ch] > : 1. To eat lunch; take the midday meal. 2. To provide lunch for.

Expressions:

lunch meat n. : 1. Any of various sausages or molded loaf meats sliced and served cold; SYN: luncheon meat.

Re: not to be a dick

rhomb said:
lunching n. : 1. The act of eating lunch.

More results...
lunch v. lunched ◊ lunching ◊ lunches < l&n[ch] > : 1. To eat lunch; take the midday meal. 2. To provide lunch for.

Expressions:

lunch meat n. : 1. Any of various sausages or molded loaf meats sliced and served cold; SYN: luncheon meat.

Damn...now I'm hungry for some fresh deli!

Back
Top Bottom