Colorado Hemp - Time is Now! Help!

CBDiolator

Hemp activists in Colorado deserve a round of applause for getting Hemp legal. Planting date 2014

Unfortunately, most of us hemp activists across the country are not prepared to be an agroindustrial support group. We all have repeated the claims of agroindustrial revival through hemp, and now we must put up or hemp's agroindustrial realities will shut us up forever!!!!!!

Here in colorado I conducted a survey of the agriculture support infrastructure. Just a few of the Problems are-

1 No seed is available, 1000acres requires 80,000lbs of seed and cannot be imported
2. A seed company staring with a handful of seed , will take 3 years to reach sellable quantities
3. Ag insurance like Farm Bureau will not underwrite until feds say ok
4. Farm Bureau Bank has refused loans to hemp farmers for equipment or mortgages
5. No crop insurance for hemp
6. No existing farms have the equipment to plant and harvest hemp.
7. No processing facilities to convert coarse fiber to fine fiber so price per ton will not be profitable for farmers

I am discovering new problems everyday. How do we make farmers interested? These problems will eliminate almost all farmer interest.

How do we adress these grim realities?

CBDiolator

I don't know if this makes any since but, why can't you just leave it alone? Let it be the way it has aways been but
only grow what you want . Sell what you can to others like the way everyone wants to do anyway. Don't get so
carried away with mass production. It doesn't have to be that way.Make life easy not so impossible.

That's how I would address that grim reality!

Blue Eyes:peace:

I'd like to try a small grow (1/2 acre) of organic hemp primarily for seed production. I suspect the pioneers are going to have to import seed without paperwork, or else start bugging the Colorado legislature to get to work on some realistic legislation for the commercial hemp and also the commercial recreational growers.

Maybe we need a Colorado Cannabis Growers Agency to coordinate, communicate, and agitate?

Back
Top Bottom