Confused plants?

MacEFL

I have a few random bag seed plants that have been on our deck for the last month and a half. I have killed four or five already that have developed balls on a stick and one even opened a little and it looked exactly like a tiny bunch of bananas. And at that point it was still July! So this morning I look at them and I see this.

020288.JPG
019299.JPG

With my 40x loupe or macro camera I cannot see pistils. So I guess my question is, male or female and why is it doing this now with full sunlight and sound watering/feeding?

Wow, quick answer, thanks. That is what I figured was going to be the answer. HMMM, I just counted and that is 7 male so far out of 10 plants. Oh well, I wasn't counting on these any way, these are what I am counting on!

0021412.JPG

Wow, quick answer, thanks. That is what I figured was going to be the answer. HMMM, I just counted and that is 7 male so far out of 10 plants. Oh well, I wasn't counting on these any way, these are what I am counting on!

0021412.JPG
You need more light than that man. How man bulbs are there, 5, and I imagine they are the 23 watt bulbs. You are going to want a minimum of 4 bulbs per plant.

You need more light than that man. How man bulbs are there, 5, and I imagine they are the 23 watt bulbs. You are going to want a minimum of 4 bulbs per plant.

Good advice...
If you cannot afford more light consider making your own (LED's) for a fraction of the cost! You will especially need the Red spectrum as soon as you want to see the ladies blossom and your harvest will be proportional to the energy (light) you give them over this period of time (60 days +/-). Good luck and happy growing to you!

Actually, there are eight bulbs in the picture with a total of 300 odd actual watts. They were used for raising the clones and early veg. They are now under 600 watt HPS and will have supplemental CFLs as needed. But thank you for caring. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom