Converting drawers into grow cab, advice appreciated!

Brucefx

Hi guys, I've been lurking in here and various forums for a while now and decided to sign up as I have some questions for you lovely people!

I have been doing some mega researching for a few days on how to design and do this and would love some feedback of you guys to see if I'm on the right track as I have never grown anything before and a lot of the time you get conflicting reviews and opinions on various things!

im converting my chest of drawers into a grow cab which measures 4x2.5x2.5 (hxwxd) in feet and plan to do a u shaped scrog in there to maximise growth potential in this small space. The most space efficient grow system I have come across is the gt205 nft system which is what I plan to put in there at the moment.

Now lighting seems to be a topic of heated debate, from what I have read you require around 5000 lumens of light per ft for plant growth (ideally 10000 I think?) and for my space I work out I need around 30000 so I was thinking of 3 200 watt cfls to keep heat down over hps which should give me around 35000 lumens in total. I was thinking of using two blue and one red for vegging and two red one blue for flower. Would this be good in my grow cab?

next is ventilation and exhausting. I plan to use a carbon filter as this will just be exhausting into my apartment. I think I may have 2-3 plants on at a time in there so I'm guessing this will take care of smell. I can always add ona blocks to help beef up odour control. My cab will only be about 22 cubic feet so I don't need to ventilate that much. Again I get conflicting views on how to calculate fan required for airflow on average I'm getting twice a minute so I need a fan at around 50cfm adding 20% for carbon filter which says to me I need a fan capable of 80cfm? Also will it be ok to hook this carbon filter up to my exhaust fan

4" Premium Buddy Activated Carbon Hydroponic Grow Room Filter - 200 m3/hour | eBay

ive sen the DIY ones but I would feel better about a store made one. So I'm thinking for ventilation a hole at the bottom left corner and my filter hooked up to exhaust fan at the top right creating negative pressure pulling air in and exhausting out with my fan being on all the time and an oscillating axial fan in the cab to strengthen my plants. Is this right?

Land for powering the cab there is a double socket right next to it so is it ok to get them extensions that give you multiple plug holes to power everything?

If you've made it this far I appreciate your time to read this and any help will be much appreciated! These are my biggest concerns and once this is sorted i can get all the stuff I need to build, which I will create a thread for to help anyone else out!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom