Need some advice on FANS

nova2006

hello its set up and waiting for few lil things to be ova come,
this is my grow cab

php16Z5CcAM.jpg

im going to put on 2 pc fans, not sure if im just going to hang them on the inside pointing at the plants,
or put them into the side wall of the cab, i know i need an exhorts and a intake, but where,

my main concern is the carbon filter.. can i knock something up with pc fans?
people say u cant, some say u can..

and has any1 got any tips on how i can improve on few things on my cab,
regards
Nova,

Re: Need som advice on FANS

I never grew in Cabs but please look at our Grow Journals - 420 Magazine there are many members who have cab grows and will help a fellow 420Mag member. Tell us how you make out.
PEACE

Re: Need som advice on FANS

Looks like a good start!! my buddy has almost identical cab... he runs a 150 hps with passive exhaust with 107cfm 120v fan and his temps are around mid 80's... Look for the max cfm computer fans you can get most range 30-40cfm you will need one lower for an intake(cold air) and one higher for exhaust(hot out) if placed on the back of the box always take into consideration how far off the wall it will be.. this will also impede air flow... check out my grow i made a simple diy carbon filter with 107 cfm fan(standalone type unit) works great good luck be checkin in!!!!

i seem to be running on the top 80Fs 88Fand even somtimes hitting 90's
and with lights off it gets to about 70-75F, i have 3 pc fans running in there now,
i added a large pc fan blowing in between the the 2 light's
phpxj3eLXAM.jpg
towards a smaller pc fan sucking air out from inside the box, and a pc fan blowing inside the cab at floor height

i would rather not cut a nother hole in the cab, cos the 2 fans i got aint light proof yet, not sure how to combat this so dont want to much light getting in,
any other tips you guys got?

is it better to have the fans pushing air, or sucking air, ?

regards nova

i actualy use PC fans in my box. you can make some small niffty carbon filters out of some hobbie wood and leggings. words fine for me at least. and you can make them small enough to fit the fans

thanks for the advice, going to source some more fans,
a larger one for exhaust ATM got a proscesser fan on there, and its loud! and annoying lol!!. so that needs to sorted,

will add a second intake at the same time aswell,

so then will have the fan between the lights.
one larger exhaust,
and 2 intakes, this should bring me temps down a fair amount, ATM running 80-85F

MY CHEESE SEED has sprouted!! will get some pics up and start a jernal!.

am vegging for week, so i got time to try and sort out this timer!!
keeps turning itself of when it aint meet to!!<

will do!, im not sure what the prob is atm!!,
i got 2 diff types.

the segment one seems to finish an hour early,!??
and the digital one seems to turn off at 12 midnight.

might just have to stick with the segment timer for now,

just not sure if im setting it right,!!

Mechanical timers aren't as accurate as digital, so you may have to juggle the pins a little to achieve the light cycle you want.

I think you're right about the digital timer not being set right. After you set the "on" time and the "off" time, you usually need to press the "clock" button to save those settings.

It might work differently than that, so check the directions, but that's how a lot of them work.

Back
Top Bottom