Cooltube watts & CFM Question

Going4Green

5x5 room

In the room will be a 2x2 veg, rest of the area will be for flowering, storage and working room.

Going with a 1000watt cooltube reflector, not to sure how i want to run the ducing and hook up all the fans for the cooltube/ outtake air (if i go with a outtake air)

Fans i get my hands on

6" 400cfm
6" 188cfm
4" 155cfm
2 - 4" 105 cfm

A Was thinking of using the 155cfm intake, install one 105cfm on each side of the cooltube, all flans blowing same direction ofcourse to outake closed cooltube setup

Then use the 400cfm for veg and flower outtake using a T ducing piece

188 for veg intake fresh air

AC for flower 5000btu Intake

OR

B Hook up the 400cfm to the cooltube and maybe use the 188cfm in the same line. Would try and use the 588cfm for the cooltube setup(in flowering room) and the VEG outake, using that T ducing.

AC for Flower intake controlled temp

Veg intake can get the 155cfm, or both 105cfm fans

Still thinking about this and how to set it all up right from the start. If theres a total different way that you can think of how to set it up that i did not, i am all ears, taking all comments negative or postitive. I am here to learn and do it right!!! Thanks for any support and information.

full

OR

full

grrr dont think the pics are working at least they didnt come up in the preview, and theres not attach thing on the bottom of the post like normal well i am new here maybe its not normal here.

Hey Going4Green sounds terrific I'm pulling up a chair and will be here. Good Luck
BTW what State are you in? How many plants can u have and how many Patients can one Caregiver have there?
I live in RI and am a Patient and Caregiver here. I can grow 24 plants (12 Flowering and 12 Seedlings) for me and for each Caregiver slot can grow another 12 plants, with a max of 24 plants and 5 Caregiver Cards.

Hey man! I have 4 x 600w cooltube at the moment and I have 2 fans, one on each side of the lamps...the one pulling the air is more powerful then the one taking air in and pushing it into the lamps(go see pics. ;)) and I have no problem with the temp. I'm going to upgrade with 2 more lamps on the next sett of girls ;) (waiting for seeds as we speak)

PEACE!!

Hey Going4Green sounds terrific I'm pulling up a chair and will be here. Good Luck
BTW what State are you in? How many plants can u have and how many Patients can one Caregiver have there?
I live in RI and am a Patient and Caregiver here. I can grow 24 plants (12 Flowering and 12 Seedlings) for me and for each Caregiver slot can grow another 12 plants, with a max of 24 plants and 5 Caregiver Cards.

Actually i still have to do all that research, and talk to my doctor again. Since becoming a member i have come across three other patients two old and one little older them me with no free time. Talked them into letting me take care of there meds if i can get something down they like, this is still all in the air until the first harvest and they agree but for this year i have the go ahead to use there license numbers in my grow op.(will have every ones paperwork copied and posted in there) So all that being said three other people plus me and we all get i know 6 plants for flowering not sure what the veg is. Going to make sure though and print out all the rules that contain to my grow op.

Thanks for reminding me wingman hahaha guess you really are a wingman reminding us of whats really important, dont want to ruin a good thing by doing something stupid when this is all legal now.
This is just my idea Thread for my grow room, i guess i should have started it in the journal area saying GrowRoom Build, any ideas or criticism welcome :grinjoint:

I will start a new thread if everyone thinks its a better idea then keeping on with this one.

Hey man! I have 4 x 600w cooltube at the moment and I have 2 fans, one on each side of the lamps...the one pulling the air is more powerful then the one taking air in and pushing it into the lamps(go see pics. ;)) and I have no problem with the temp. I'm going to upgrade with 2 more lamps on the next sett of girls ;) (waiting for seeds as we speak)

PEACE!!

Thank you for the info Alecto, glad i could talk to you since you have a setup i am kinda thinking of doing just smaller.

Have you noticed if your pulling air fan has any problems with pulling heat? read that pulling heat could be bad but allot of people talk and they dont even have that setup to know how it works ya know,
Was thinking of using the 155 cfm fan as a intake to the cool fixture then attach the other fans on the cool-fixture, like in the diagram on the link A ??

appreciate the help, will be seeing you over on your thread :rollit:

Oh yea is there a way of uploading pics on to a thread, with out the link to ??

Actually i still have to do all that research, and talk to my doctor again. Since becoming a member i have come across three other patients two old and one little older them me with no free time. Talked them into letting me take care of there meds if i can get something down they like, this is still all in the air until the first harvest and they agree but for this year i have the go ahead to use there license numbers in my grow op.(will have every ones paperwork copied and posted in there) So all that being said three other people plus me and we all get i know 6 plants for flowering not sure what the veg is. Going to make sure though and print out all the rules that contain to my grow op.

Thanks for reminding me wingman hahaha guess you really are a wingman reminding us of whats really important, dont want to ruin a good thing by doing something stupid when this is all legal now.
This is just my idea Thread for my grow room, i guess i should have started it in the journal area saying GrowRoom Build, any ideas or criticism welcome :grinjoint:

I will start a new thread if everyone thinks its a better idea then keeping on with this one.

Going4Grren all is good no worries you can get all the State info you need right here: Montana MMJ - 420 Magazine
I guess by the 6 plant rule you are in Montana but maybe wrong anyway here is another link: Medical Marijuana Facts and Information - 420 Magazine
you just click on your State and it details all MMJ laws exactly as they were written.
Stay Safe and be careful LEO do not cotton to any MMJ need, and many want to shut us down. As for being a help and Wingman thanks brother appreciate the compliment but in no way am I the plant police.
As for the Thread location I will ask if it should be moved, maybe you will get a PM asking you if needed, we shall see.

Thank you for the info Alecto, glad i could talk to you since you have a setup i am kinda thinking of doing just smaller.

Have you noticed if your pulling air fan has any problems with pulling heat? read that pulling heat could be bad but allot of people talk and they dont even have that setup to know how it works ya know,
Was thinking of using the 155 cfm fan as a intake to the cool fixture then attach the other fans on the cool-fixture, like in the diagram on the link A ??

appreciate the help, will be seeing you over on your thread :rollit:

Oh yea is there a way of uploading pics on to a thread, with out the link to ??

Last summer was Insanly hot and almost killed all my girls....but the fans worked nice, no problems at all

how to upload pics.
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

New_11.jpg

Going4Grren all is good no worries you can get all the State info you need right here: Montana MMJ - 420 Magazine
I guess by the 6 plant rule you are in Montana but maybe wrong anyway here is another link: Medical Marijuana Facts and Information - 420 Magazine
you just click on your State and it details all MMJ laws exactly as they were written.
Stay Safe and be careful LEO do not cotton to any MMJ need, and many want to shut us down. As for being a help and Wingman thanks brother appreciate the compliment but in no way am I the plant police.
As for the Thread location I will ask if it should be moved, maybe you will get a PM asking you if needed, we shall see.

Apperciate the info i will be checking out the site tonight :thanks:

I am in California forgot to say

:rollit:

Do cooltubes really make a big difference? I have a small cabinet grow and i am having an issue with heat with 600 watt hps in cabinet reaches 85-90 degrease ,would a cool tube make a signiicant difference?

6" 400cfm - exhaust
6" 188cfm - intake
4" 155cfm - tube exhaust
2 - 4" 105 cfm - intake & tube intake

When you say use the 2 - 4" 105 cfm intake & tube intake, do you mean seperate the two fans one for intake to the light, the other for intake to the room not on the same ducing right ? Just making sure

well if you isolate the air in the tube from the air in the garden you'll be able to more effectively cool the tube and cycle the garden air. that was my thought there - cooltube kinda leads to funky air flow and bad reflectivity - they work great but I got rid of mine because of its poor reflectivity

Back
Top Bottom