Cooltubes & uv rays - Best glass to use ?

stealthed-up

I am currently in progress with my stealth diy speaker cab, i am looking at cool tubing my 250 watt mh/hps, I heard cool tubes dont give much coverage but seeing as my cab isnt that big im thinking it will be suitable, the big question is, do cool tubes block out important light and uv rays that the plant needs ? , THC is produced to protect the plant from various things including uv rays ? I can hookup Duran Schott glass which i heard doesnt block out any uv rays ? Any comments will be appreciated THANK YOU : )

im sure i read somewhere that it does block some of the light going to the plants,
as for the glass im not 100% sure, u want something thin yet strong and not to bad at holding heat!?
sorry i cant be more help
good luckk
nova!

No problem nova man, thanx for the reply anyway , ive been doing alot of research lately and im seeing that yes it does block out uv rays and good radiation that the plant likes, im just unsure of what 2 do, i dont wanna use glass and get less thc/resin & potency out my crop, to break it down weed produces more thc when it protects itself so yes the uv rays are going to force that plant to produce more resin and trichomes, im hearing its only a 25 percent increase and other people think it doesnt help much at all ! i see there's a whole thing about using the reptile lights for extra uv ! they are harmful to our eyes and skin but yeah damn im so confused ! i was thinking of using my duran schott/borosilicate tubing that im going to order for a cool tube, i heard it doesnt block much and yes as it states from the place im getting it, it can withstand 500 degrees celcius so its quite useful ! im gonna check around for cooltubing and then adding additional lights so my plant have a more real artificial evironment , maybe im too much of a perfectionist but i want, the most of what i can get ! im planting Blue cheese into a decently sized DIY speaker box i built so yeah i dont wanna mess this shit up as getting seeds in my country takes long !

ye some people are dead against uv.. some arnt.. im just a newB myself atm
just started my 2nd grow, (first one failed)!!!

sorry i couldnt be much more help my friend,

speaker set up haa damm there cool lil things, what u hoping to get dry gram wise? u working to a target or just going in for the best?
get some pics up of the setup dude, people on here seem like seeing them first before helping out to much i think,
happened with me. no reply until i got some pictures up

nova,

Yeah man, i was looking around but im still really not sure, i think it depends on your strain though, otherwise its said that it doesnt make much of a difference, soil, evironment, nutes etc make the biggest obviously. Im just targeting the best bud i can produce, im not too fussy on the amount of grams as long as i can make the most of the speaker box, ill put up some pictures, ive still got the old ones but its pretty much the same as the box is now. I rate im gonna make a new topic with all the pics ! ill paste the link ! shot my man, any help is good : )

I think that the slight loss of UV will be outweighed by the cooling capacity of the tube and that you can get the light that much closer to the plants without burning them. There are all kinds of air-cooled hoods in use, all using glass between the bulb and plants.:)

You can get them closer but it doesnt mean that its better than having no hood, there's alot of people who i think still go on about uv rays etc, check it out ive seen alot of threads, i mean, pLENTY. Every1 has their own opinion, cooltube aint the best way to replicate the sun but i mean its a very good source of cooling when people have small spaces etc, i have a small space & in summer im thinking of cooltubing my 250w if heat rises dramatically, not that i love em but they work good.

A 250-watt light in most speaker boxes would be more than plenty even in a tube unless you're talking about the insane 1kW+ boxes that an old biker buddy used to have in his river pad back in the 80s. He'd crank it up and the birds would go roost because they thought it was an oncoming thunderstorm, lol.

Back
Top Bottom