Cost of DIY vs grow tent?

That's odd. If you bought it from Amazon, hit them up, they are always quick to ship a replacement or offer a partial discount. I have seen a few of the Apollo tents and the floor pans always fit although one had shoddy sewing on the tether and it came off.

I use both a tent and a DIY grow box. I spent a lot of time to convert the wardrobe into a grow box. I used the Victorinox pocket knife, which has a very small saw as you can guess, to saw the holes for fans. I used white latex paint for reflection. 2 days of hard work and you get your DIY grow cabinet done.

In my opinion it is all about stealth. If you don't have a problem with smell then go with a diy cabinet. Grow tents have dedicated outputs for inlet and outlet fans. Also they have enough space for filters. It is way more convinient and you can prevent smell more efficiently. I am planning to use some Ona block products to prevent smell coming from my DIY cabinet but I am not sure if those will work.

DIY cabinet cost me for about 50 bucks,which include paint and some hardware, since I already had the wardrobe. I bought a tempered glass for 30 bucks but I finally got rid of it. Price does not include the electric sockets and cables since tents does not include them either.

All in all, I think DIY cabinets are the best. You can save a lots of money to buy some high end LEDs and nutrients. Only downside beside smell is that you may not be able to find a cheap cabinet that fits the dimensions you need.

Good luck :)

I'd go with a diy... I am in a similar situation only need bigger space. I will install on the side room walls, where my grow will be, some bar holders, put bars, how many I want, and hand how much stuff I want where I want. For me hanging space is an issue anyway, the 4 tent bars are just not enough for me.

Hey Uptheholler! You mentioned the structural insulated panels below. Do you have a particular brand name that you've seen so I can do a bit more research? I'm not finding any products in my area that go by that nomenclature. Thanks!!

Hey Piestasher! I am currently building a new room from Structural Insulated Panels. Check them out on line. Think insulated garage door panels. Routed out so they fit together like tongue and groove. two white fiberglass panels with an inch and 3/4 of foam insulation in between. They are about 24 inches wide by 5 to 7 feet long depending which size you buy. They go together with self tapping screws. They require very little framing. They are totally washable inside and out and are bright white. Being insulated they keep a very steady atmosphere inside even when in an unheated space like a garage or cool basement. They are also very good at odor control. Each panel costs from 5 to 6 busks depending upon the size. Check out your area locally and you maybe surprised what you find. So far I am really impressed and was considering building grow boxes out of them to sell. But I noticed on line someone else has already beat me to it! Best of luck in all you grow!

Back
Top Bottom