First Grow, Grow Tent, LED grow light Question

eddysville

Hello fellow 420 peers, I am starting my first grow in about two months and have been researching for about two months now. I have a few questions for you experienced growers... First, I have decided I want to grow with a sturdy tent like Gorilla grow tent. I want to grow with an LED light because of its low monthly cost & stealth. I have dedcided on nutrients and just about everything else I need for a first grow. My question is what LED should I choose if I choose a tent that 3x3 ft in width and about 6 ft in height? Or Is their a complete package that offers a tent and an LED combo? I am growing soil not hydro... your feedback is MUCH appreciated, thanx in advance:peace:

The Advanced LED Diamond Series - 200w would probably be a great fit for you, if you're looking to do a 3x3 space.

We can put together a package for you if you'd like, I've been looking into those Gorilla Tents, they look pretty sweet. I would say if your going LED you don't need them to be that sturdy, but obviously it won't hurt.

Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like to work together on a package: joey@gjvhydro.com

We are sponsors for the forums ;)

I don't own or run LED's but have done a lot of reading, comparing, reading reviews and if I were to buy led's, I definitely would buy Advanced Led's. From grows here on the forum that I have seen using them....let me just say...WHOA!! There awesome!

I decided on growing soil and have been looking for light s lately but cant decide what would work best with a 2x4 gorilla grow tent I have been looking into Lumatek Ballast with a air cooled reflective hood but Im not sure which one would better suit me.. you guys have any suggestions? also need an odor remover filter, and need suggestions... sorry for asking the obvious question but I just cant find a good enough post to find my answers... thx in advance

I wanted LED for my first grow, but I went and spoke with a man at Plantlighting Hydroponics & Grow Lights (It's near me) I was looking to either go LED or Induction due to cost and heat. I ended up with a sunwave 120 T5 8 bulb. My electric went up 4-6 per month. When I get better at growing I'll go either induction or LED, but this t5 is working out well. It was under 175 with both sets of bulbs. I think, when I move to a bigger space, I'll use them for vegging only and get induction for bloom. I am a noob so i may be talking out my ass, just take a look at my girl.

I was eyeballing the LED's for 2 months, they are great, give out little heat, monthly cost is low, stealthy, and dont need extra equipment for your grow setup... it was until I found out that they dont produce big buds is when I decided to go the HID way

Yes, i used 6500K for veg, then I used 2800K for the flowering. She looks and smells awesome. I will be getting a new light when I start vegging my next set of plants. That way I can keep a rotation going and try to be harvesting 2 plants every 2 months. What I was told was to get a few grows under your belt, be patient and fine tune your style. What nutes to use, how to change the water with as little mess as possible if you go hydro, there are all kinds of things you need to sort out before dropping 700-1000 dollars on lights. You will be able to afford the lights down the road and you'll be happy to have whatever light system you go with to do the vegging and cloning. Think thru every step you will take in the first two weeks then you'll see small things that you'll want to tweak and you could probably use the money at that ponit.

hmm, a few grows under your belt before upgrading? man I have patience issues lol... but ill consider it... what kind of setup do you have?

Im running flora nove veg and bloom and liquid kool nutes, 100% hydroton after starting in coco. Recirculating drip in a 4x2x5 ft tent. 1 192 watt new wave 8 bulb t5.
The shitty thing is I was attempting to start the rest of my seed to veg for a few weeks and tried rockwool. I am sticking with coco from now on. Dont fuck with it if it works. They all died off on me. I don't know what happened but it sucks. I think i over watered

Im running flora nove veg and bloom and liquid kool nutes, 100% hydroton after starting in coco. Recirculating drip in a 4x2x5 ft tent. 1 192 watt new wave 8 bulb t5.
The shitty thing is I was attempting to start the rest of my seed to veg for a few weeks and tried rockwool. I am sticking with coco from now on. Dont fuck with it if it works. They all died off on me. I don't know what happened but it sucks. I think i over watered

Ill keep that in mind

Hello All FunkyBuddha -Richard- here,
My first post up here, been doing my homework, and reading up, and I wanna purchase a set of Marshydro, for a gorilla 2x4' with 5 soil 3-5 gal fabric pots, organic self composted soil blend inside, for some GC and Lotus clones from Gromeds.org
What package, as in units of 3 watt ot 5 watt led recommendations, and how many watts size of the unit, or units should I do?
Is it Possible to overdo watt size per square foot?
Thanks Folks!
Cheers and Happy Easter!

Back
Top Bottom