Court upholds 'Weedman' DNA ruling

Founder
NEW JERSEY - An appellate court Friday upheld the Superior Court of New Jersey's decision not to charge Robert Edward "Weedman" Forchion with refusing to comply with an order to supply DNA samples to police.

Forchion, a frequent candidate for office, a Rastafarian by faith and a pro-legalization marijuana activist,said he was elated when he got the news Saturday.

"I am happy. Now I don't have to supply a DNA sample," Forchion said.

In 1997 Forchion was convicted on possession of more than 40 pounds of pot. He believes that smoking marijuana is a sacrament.

He served 17 months of a 10-year prison sentence and was released in April 2002. He was thrown back in jail four months later after he produced a pro-marijuana commercial but was released because a judge determined the commercial was protected by his right of free speech.

After his release he was notified that he, as a convict, had to supply authorities with a DNA sample, Forchion said yesterday.

The state, effective Sept. 22, 2003, required that everyone who has served a sentence or other supervision as a result of a crime supply DNA samples.

The appellate court agreed with Forchion's argument that he didn't violate the Sept. 22, 2003 order by Judge Shirley A. Tolentino because he wasn't ordered to appear at a certain time or place, according to the April 8, 2004 decision.

The judge's order "...stated you will be notified at a later date as to a time and place where this sample will be taken," according to the decision.

A separate memorandum dated Nov. 25, 2003 actually gave the notice for Forchion to appear on Dec. 2, 2003 at the Camden County Hall of Justice.

"The defendant did not violate that order. ...Under these unique and extraordinary circumstances, we must conclude that there was no clear judicial order (Forchion) disobeyed and ...the indictment was appropriately dismissed," the decision said.

Forchion refused to give a DNA sample and filed a suit in federal court saying the requirement was unconstitutional.

"I learned that 2,000 other citizens have refused to comply with the law," Forchion said.

"My DNA is safe from the government for now."

https://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14321461&BRD=1697&PAG=461&dept_id=44551&rfi=6

Fuck the Stupid Fucking Federal Jerk-offs!

The police and the FBI don't have a fucking clue how the patriot act reads so they just use the parts they feel will tread on people's rights. They believe that anyone who has committed a federal crime has to give up their DNA. Typical fucking police/FBI bull fucking shit!

I refused a federal agent his request that my ex-wife submit to DNA testing..
my excact words.. " Fuck you.. show me the law." He couldn't. He said he was going to violate my ex-wife's parole.. "Fuck you, just try." My exact words.. I called his boss the next day and he was just as fucking mis-informed. Fucking fucked up worthless motherfucking FEDS.. they can suck my dick. All I can say is thank God for federal courts! Bottom line, no, we didn't have to give them DNA.. stupid corksuckers!

I think I've vented enough today.. fuck the Feds and their need to fuck with our rights. :jerkit: Pinch (IMC)

Watch out, Big Brother is sneaking up on all of us. if you get arrested in most places they have a med tech on hand to take a blood sample to test for communicable deseases, the sample is sufficient to also provide a DNA sample. Your DNA is now in the FBI DNA Database.
They are now taking DNA samples from new-borns, without permission of the parents and without their knowledge, for the purpose of building a comprehensive Database of every living citizen in the United States.
It won't be long before they will ba able to lift DNA along with a finger print and be able to track people with DNA "sniffers" that sample the exhaled air of people passing by.
Bin Laden won, we have lost for all time our freedom.

Mr OHT, glad you're awake.. hope the rest of America wakes up too and soon.

Damn it, it may be too late already..

NEW WORLD ORDER.. yep, those MF's..

The Patriot Act.. or How America Lost All it's Rights Under the Guise of Homeland Security.

We may as well put our heads between our legs and kiss our MF-ing asses goodbye!

Our poor kids.. fuck, it pisses me off!

Pinch.. one pissed off mutha phoquer!

Back
Top Bottom