Crazy New Vaporization Technique?

J842P

Ok, so I was at this party chatting with some dudes, we were all passing around a bong and getting very ripped. This one guy tells me that he was once trying to make cannabis tea, using only water, and while he was boiling some weed in some water over the stove, he researched his endeavor a bit more and found out that it was a fruitless one unless he was going to use some cream or at least whole milk so the THC could be absorbed into the fat. So, being very pissed because he assumed he had just wasted a bunch of cannabis, he opened up the little pot he was boiling his er, pot in, and said for some reason it occured to him to inhale the vapor from the boiling water. He did. Now, he professes that this worked 100%, so much so that he was smacked beyond words, and he's a pretty veteran toker.
Has anyone ever heard of this method? I havn't, and I'm not really ready to try, my budget doesn't allow it. He didn't really specify how much pot he used, so it could be anywhere from a hits worth to an oz. If anyone has a bunch of herb laying around, (I know there are those of you who are blessed with an abundance of bud), willing to try this method out and experiment with the many different variables (i.e, amount of water, time spent boiling, and most importantly, amount of pot), it would rock if you could report your findings here.
Anyway, one day I might try this, sounds really interesting. Anyway, peace.

Well, it doesnt SEEM like it would work. If he inhaled the fumes I'm, guessing he inhaled STEAM. And STEAM is water. Weed doesnt disolve in water. Water boils at roughly 210 degrees (depending on altitude), and weed vaporizes at around 250 degrees if memory serves me right. If he got the water hot enough, then PERHAPS he might get some vapor going, but it would be highly dissapaited and probably not a lot. He would need a tube of some sort to direct the flow of the vapor to really get him high I'd imagine.
-PM

Thepurplem0nkey said:
Well, it doesnt SEEM like it would work. If he inhaled the fumes I'm, guessing he inhaled STEAM. And STEAM is water. Weed doesnt disolve in water. Water boils at roughly 210 degrees (depending on altitude), and weed vaporizes at around 250 degrees if memory serves me right. If he got the water hot enough, then PERHAPS he might get some vapor going, but it would be highly dissapaited and probably not a lot. He would need a tube of some sort to direct the flow of the vapor to really get him high I'd imagine.
-PM
Yeah, I think he said he's tried the technique a few times after this and used a rolled up magazine to concentrate the fumes.
What your saying makes sense. Water actually boils at 212°F, THC boils at around 200°C, which is 392°F. (I just looked it all up, lol). Maybe trichomes were diffused into the water, the THC decarbonized (which, I hear, is suppose to happen before THC can have any effect on you, but I'm not a fucking chemist so don't take my word for it) by the heat of the water, and inhaled through the water. (small trichome particles stuck to water particles).
Either way, it's getting far-fetched.
Maybe placebo effect?

Pressure cooker, thats all I'm going to say.

Edit: We posted at the same time, and I doubt a pressure cooker could get that hot, I don't know.

urdedpal said:
This is a job for Myth Busters
Man that would be friggen hilarous to see teh Myth Busters getting toked up to prove this myth. I'd pay to see it, just not a lot since money's tight lol:bongrip:

j8, I dunno either. It doesnt sound possible to do it that way, but neither of us being chemists, no way to tell for certain. In any event....sounds like a lot of trouble to boil some water and dump some weed into it, inhaling through a newspaper, when i can just load up a bowl and smoke it or eat a brownie :p
-PM

Mythbusters rules. I wish i had Jamies 'tash lol

urdedpal said:
This is a job for Myth Busters
:hmmmm: Maybe ........ Cause I'm sure one of those two might be smart enough to figure out that inhaling 212F steam vapor , just to find out if it has any T.H.C. attatched to it . Is gonna be very painful .............:smokin:

if there was enough steam in the kettle you could get lots hotter than 100 %C
if i remember my chem and i used to work in a photo lab once you have steam it will soak up lots of calories as it gets hotter than boiling point of water i can't quote hard numbers cause my old chem and physics refs got flooded out
in the basement but i think it was something like water takes 1calorie per cc for 1 degree temp rise and steam take a much bigger number like maybe 525 calories not positive its almost 30 years since i took physics and chem but the 525 poped into my head when i lloked up calorie in websters ! anyhow steam would get hot enough to vaporize the bud try hanging a bud in an old whistler tea pot only 1/4-1/2 full of water and put a paper towel tube over the whistle spout to suck up the vapor /steam mix if this doesnt make sense to you ask a real old lady how to make a croup kettle to steam your sinuses!

I got pretty buzzed when I cleaned one of my reallly dirty pipes once. Could it be the glass is getting hotter sitting on the bottom of the pot of water and its cooking off that?

Back
Top Bottom