cropping

SteveKinks420

hey, i have been growing for a year now but this year i want to try somthing new.
normally i just let it grow naturally, just giving it nutrience and such, however i heard of somthing were you can bend or break the branches just right and they all turn into main collas and start making branches of there own, and all end up with a huge head bud. i was wondering if a: this was a real thing, and b: how to do it if its real.
any help/advice on this would be great

Steve Kinks

The Idea of "guiding" plants into manageable prosperous crop is over 2 thousand years old or as old as vinyards and orcherds are.What you are seing around are folks that discover the benefit of aggresive bendig,tying and pruning in order to achive EVEN canopy with plenty of breathing space and room for light.
Personally, after 2 years of doing what I call "dozen roses" where you concetrate on 3-6 branches and develope them into 10-12 med-lg colas I decided to follow the vinyard way.It pretty much starts at early veg with the plant about5"or so tall.use a thin telephoe hard wire about 14" long,Twist half the length around 1/4" diameter tube(chopstick,copper tube etc.)to create a coil,pull on the coil to strech it up,gently screw the coil around 2/3 of the plant,bend the trunk as far down as itlets,put horizontal bend,tie extra wire length to container.Coil must be moved foeward with growing pace.At transplant to larger container install 1-24"bamboo opposite to the trunk,make 8" #14 galvenized ring and tie it tothe bamboo and the vertical bend you created,now yo can tie your horizontal vine to the ring,as the vine keeps on growing nip taller braches to keep even canopy.this method I developed trying to create circular rather then bush or tree form.the advantage is more space for light and air,less distance between top and low crop.Maybe now I finally fill comfortable installing auto feed insted of hand feed.Peace.Miklosh.

thanks guys,

L8tnight that video helped me out alot, and i think thats what im gonna end up doing,

and Miklosh i can tell you got a plan goin on yours however thouse instructions went over my head a bit, goodluck with it if you do it again soon though man

Back
Top Bottom