Curing

Hebrewdiver

Recently I cut my girl to begin the drying process of harvest. I hung her upside down for 7-10 days in my tent maintaining a rh of 50-60 temp around 80 and small fan for circulation. Yesterday I started cutting and trimming and jarring them branches never snapped just bend. I jar the bud and humidity gauge in the jar. The next day the humidity gauge read 59% and have maintained all day. With a humidity of 59% will I still need to burp them? I have put a humi pack in the jar hoping to bring them up to 62% will I be okay if I don’t burp them?

Recently I cut my girl to begin the drying process of harvest. I hung her upside down for 7-10 days in my tent maintaining a rh of 50-60 temp around 80 and small fan for circulation. Yesterday I started cutting and trimming and jarring them branches never snapped just bend. I jar the bud and humidity gauge in the jar. The next day the humidity gauge read 59% and have maintained all day. With a humidity of 59% will I still need to burp them? I have put a humi pack in the jar hoping to bring them up to 62% will I be okay if I don’t burp them?
If in doubt, burp them until any green smell is gone and it starts to smell like bud
At this stage I use tupperware pots as they are easy to tip out to fully air evenly
The moisture in the stems will slowly sweat out over the course of a week or two and if you don't replenish with fresh air it will taint your stash with a musty smell and typically home-grown flavour - we call it gacky
Be guided by the smell and the feel of it, keep a close eye on it and you will get it exactly how you want it

Back
Top Bottom