curled edges, yellowing, and now spots?

biffboy

I all. First time grower here, and while I can see the symptoms, and research them, without actually having experience with the issue, I am too inexperienced to understand cause/fix. I hope someone can help.

soil gro, miracle gro potting mix 1 gallon pots.
Temps 75-85, though a few dips to 90ish.
RH-30-40, cooler temps = lesser humidity (raising it to hopefully around 50)
PH = inconclusive, solution test seems to show at 7ish.
Last watered 4 days ago (1 week since planted) allowed 10% runoff

060210a.jpg

060210b.jpg

060210c.jpg

060210d.jpg

060210e.jpg

060210f.jpg

I only took pics of 3-4 of the kids. some smaller ones who seem to be stunted and real yellowish, and osm eof the bigger ones who are doing better.

They look yellower to the naked eye (at least mine-maybe lighting?. The symptoms began with serrated edges curling up while tips curled down, and lightening of color. Seemed to go with what I found on heat stress, so raised the light, added cooling to cab. Its been 4 days since I watered them, letting about 10% run out. The leaves are looking yellow, still, the cotyledons first. New growth is slow, and seems to come out the same lightened color than the rest of the plants. only the bigger kids seem to be taking it in stride and have much deeper color, though not immune to some type of stress. As of today, I'm seeing some yellow/brown spotting.

From the research done, I am thinking nutes, humidity, or mag deficiency. I think the plants are a lot more sensitive to the soil (miracle gro) than I would have expected, and I am too inexperienced (all the pictures in the world don't really help till you see and solve a problem on your own) to be sure of what's going on.

P.S. I copied/pasted most of this from my grow thread, which as a first time grower should really spend more time on, for my own sake, even if it gets boring to the seasoned folks.

Anyways, I hope some of you smart folks (I read..there's plenty of y'all) can help an old bloke out. All this (perceived) stress to them, I hope they dont hermie (though I'd be happy to keep them alive at this point for the experience).

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom