curling and curving leaves

007Leagues

IMGP08751.jpg

IMGP08761.jpg

what causes a plant to do this?

Nute burn from salt buildup in the plant should try flushing with H2O every third watering this will help...... also check your ppm:cheer:

Stay safe and good growin !!!

:rollit:MrCloner420:rollit:

so use ferts for 2 waterings and then on the 3rd flush it? by flushing do you mean that i need to use 3x the amount of H20 as my pot?

no use your regular watering regement with your nute then on the third watering water with only RO H2O......... let me know if i can help in any other way:cheer:
Stay Safe and Good growin
:rollit:MrCloner420:rollit:

so use ferts for 2 waterings and then on the 3rd flush it? by flushing do you mean that i need to use 3x the amount of H20 as my pot?

Man, I would flush right now and only nute every third watering for a bit.

Looks like too much water and too much nutes, you're loving her to death.:peace:

DD

Looks like too much water and too much nutes, you're loving her to death.:peace:

I agree,
On your next watering just do pure pH balanced. RO is great !

Then let the soil get really dry. Not just the top layer let it get much dryer than normal.

On the next watering,
Just pure again. Or possibly 1/4 depending on your girls.

Then start back with 1/2 strength on the next !

Your girls will love you for it !
Looks really good either way though.
MJ420:peace:

ok so here is the latest update.. i have reduced the amount of ferts and how much i have been watering.. What do you mean by RO?

I do have some small rocks in the bottom of my pot but the roots are getting rapped around a lot.. i am using a 12" tall by 13" wide pot for this.. should i trans plant into something bigger or just let it ride out? I did find a deeper pot to use.

So should i flush it? and then let it dry out pretty much and then give it about 1/2 the nute water?

sorry i cant help but love it.. its my first seed i ever planted.. im shocked!:cool::cheer:

IMGP0971.JPG

IMGP0969.JPG

IMGP09722.JPG

IMGP0895.JPG

Keep in mind bro that over watering and under watering can show the same syptoms. I'm guessing you are using about a 2-3 gallon planter from the sounds of it. It should be okay to finish. Also, keep in mind at this point in flowering, the plants are beginning to use additional minerals, not knowing what you are feeding, it is hard to guess what they might need. If I was to flush, I would probably do 3 feedings of ph balanced water with no nutrients, say, for a week straight. Then do a 1/4 to 1/2 nutrient feeding after they have died out some. After that, only feed nutes about once a week. I prefer not to saturate the soil when I water, opting to under water rather than over water. It is easier to add some more, than to remove it once it is to wet.

Im using MaxiGro which is a 10/5/14 and yes it is in a 2-3 gallon bucket.. which is getting root bound.. should i transplant it into something bigger?

well my hairs are turning orange.. so does that mean i have about 3-4 weeks left? i need to get a mag to see the shroom thingys to kno for sure

IMGP08751.jpg

IMGP08761.jpg

what causes a plant to do this?

I see this in a lot of sativa plants. They seem to be more sensitive than indica plants. Leaf hooking or curling like this is usually a result of too much fert, N specifically. Which is why you usually, well atleast I do, see it sort itself out once you go into flower and have switched to bloom nutes which are naturally lower in N. Hope this helps.

I would back off the nutes a little at a time until they unhook or find a new veg nute that has a lower percentage of N for Sativa dominant plants.

Hey Bro
I have the same thing with one of my 9' clone setivas. A friend came over with broken branch I made cloner on the spot that was begining of june she is over 9' tall with other sisters. One of my girls she just starting in the change. Battled a host of insects used Dr. bonners peppermints soap and habanero peppers emulisfied in corn oil 3/1 soap shake real well. TEST FIRST ON PART OF PLANTS. Got over the bugs in just over a week with started with twice a day then once then every other day til finally no new ones. then i spoiled then and now over watered. Just finished flushing yesterday will not water till tomorrow. good pictures,.

I see this in a lot of sativa plants. They seem to be more sensitive than indica plants. Leaf hooking or curling like this is usually a result of too much fert, N specifically. Which is why you usually, well atleast I do, see it sort itself out once you go into flower and have switched to bloom nutes which are naturally lower in N. Hope this helps.

I would back off the nutes a little at a time until they unhook or find a new veg nute that has a lower percentage of N for Sativa dominant plants.

I was about to say the same. Do that and be on top of pH you will do just fine. :goodluck:

zhummingsig.jpg

well, I am having the exact same issue and have not been able to resolve it, My pot is a 12" as well about 2 gallons.
I let it dry out before re-watering PH is at 6.2 and have been feeding straight PH'd water for 4 days.
Thinking about bringing the PH back to 5.6 or so......
Did you resolve your problem there yet, I would be very curious as to whats going on there, this to is my first plant....
Thanks and peace

well, I am having the exact same issue and have not been able to resolve it, My pot is a 12" as well about 2 gallons.
I let it dry out before re-watering PH is at 6.2 and have been feeding straight PH'd water for 4 days.
Thinking about bringing the PH back to 5.6 or so......
Did you resolve your problem there yet, I would be very curious as to whats going on there, this to is my first plant....
Thanks and peace

Sounds like your pH is close... 6-6.5 for soil. 6.5 optimum but not any over, that would lock out nutrients. Under 6 you start locking nutrients out in soil. Maybe it's a lockout from mixing your nutrients in the wrong order (I've heard that), too much ppm or salt buildup, try giving it 1 GOOD flush next watering with water set as close to those paramiters or 6.5 as you can. Lower than 6 is going the wrong way. Might just have a sensitive strain, by the way is it mainly sativa?

zhummingsig.jpg

Yeh it sure is mainly Sativa and I was given some wrong info earlier, I just Flushed with 5.8.....

I am certainly thinking I have a PH problem at this point as well. I nursed her up to 940ppm and everything was fine till I changed the PH up from 5.6 to 6.5 for flower, she then has been slowly going down hill.
What Now in regards to flushing with the 5.8 What to do next?
Thanks alot
I will post a picture of mine to compare notes with shorlty

Ok here is what I got just for kicks, seems like an exact same issue
DSC_000232.JPG
DSC_000129.JPG

So I suppose I will await an answer, thanks alot for all you trying to help with our first babies...
:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom