Cuttings in darkness

kushcheese9

hi on wednesday i took 4 cuttings off my palnts which are currently into their 3rd week of vegging under my 600 watt. After reading alot about caring for young cuttings i decided to put them in my boiler cupboard where it very varm and dark in a propergator for a few days until they perk up bit .the question i ask is when will they be old and strong enough to go into my vegging room under my 600 watt light ? baring in mind my 600 watt light is only hanging 25 inches away from the top of plants which are around 10-12 inches tall.

thanks

you need to have some form of light on them, not much, but a little bit. I set my clones off to the side of my veg room, they get dimly lit, but not completely dark.

I've also left my bucket on the outside of my flower room and it barely got any light, the clones actually started to flower as the roots formed, and it took an extra week to revert back to veg, and then you have odd looking stretchy clones.

Once my clones are rooted and transplanted into soil, they go under the 600w MH at about 16" away for a couple of days until I see new growth, then just resume feeding and watch them explode

id think leaving cuttings in darkness for few days after taking them would kill them.i could very well be lying on this...maybe root growth is better in dark cycle...but then i dont think they would dry out and you risk sick clones, and sick clones are worthless cause youre already off to a bad start if you got sick clones. but i was taught by my two old school growers clones like 24/0 light best and i believe it. after i see 50% percent with noticeable roots ill put them on a 20/4 and stress test them to take the dome off cause you dont need a dome over mostly rooted plants. then when i see 90% rooted ill be 18/6.
i just let them catch the end light of my 250w mh and i keep a dome on them. day 4 and i had signs of roots. that was last night.also heres some food for thought. experiments show that soft tissue clones will yield more and have no growth restrictions than compared to a cutting that is woody/hardened hope this helps.

Bring Up My Post :)
(BUMP)

Nor*caL

Back
Top Bottom