Day 44 of Flower: Issue with bud development

GrowW33D

420 Member
What Strain is it? Critical Orange Punch by Dutch Passion
How Many Plants? 6, only 2 of them (the Critical Orange Punch) are causing issues. One more than the other.
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Day 44 of Flower
Soil or Hydro? Soil-less? Sphagnum Peatmoss Based mix (Pro-Mix brand all-purpose mix, I only add EWC and Perlite to the mix.
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5 gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled? 2 HLG 600 R Spec (600 real watts per light) each light is currently running/dimmed to 200 watts each.
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 73 F
RH of Room/Cabinet? 72%? I may need a new humidity guage.
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Soil ph is unknown. Mixed nutrient water is 6.5 pH
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? Basically every other day, basing it off how the soil feels and looks.
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? I use JR Peters, Jacks Nutrients. Using Part A 5-12-26 and Part B 15-0-0 in combination with Epsom Salts. I've been using full strength, 3 grams Part A, 2 grams Part B, 1 gram Epsom Salt, per gallon since they were seedlings with no issues until flower.
Size or Square Footage of Room? Under the lights is 4' x 9', the entire room size is 15' x 9' .

I have used this area, nutrients, lights and equipment 3 grows now. I believe a possibility could be genetics, water techniques, strength of nutrients or just a general lack of understanding, whether it be the lights or plant strain. I'm can't figure out what seems to be the issue when I try my best not to change ANYTHING between grows.

This is the plant causing the main issue, spindly thin buds, when dried will be great for the garbage bin.

20230729_140640.jpg

20230729_140457.jpg

20230729_140720.jpg

I have been reading as much as I can on issues people have had with the nutrients I am using and I cant seem to find any correlation. I have also tried comparing photos of my issue alongside similar-looking plants that others have shared. The only thing I have noticed possible similarities of, is a Boron deficiency.

And then here is the other Critical Orange Punch, same watering schedule, lights, nutrients, same environmental factors and it clearly has significantly more bud development/size.

20230729_142935.jpg

The other 4 plants; a different strain, are performing as I would expect, no issues with them other than yellowing leaves here and there.

I can't think of much else to add. If there is anything I am missing that can help someone diagnose the issue, please ask me. They had a very long veg, nearly 6 months of veg. They were pruned and trimmed according to their size and health. And they've been checked out and monitored everyday, atleast twice a day. (morning and late evening)

If anyone has solid advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :lot-o-toke::hmmmm:

@GrowW33D, good day to you and I hope all is well in your world.

I think it is the strain or genetics of the plant your concerned about. The other girls look great, so that eliminates the prowess of the grower.

"for the garbage bin", surley you jest.

Take care and don't forget to call.

Ditto Garybo on genetics

Take for example 10 critical orange punch weed seeds (whether purchased from a breeder or removed from the same bud) those same 10 beans do not produce 10 identical weed plants. Yup they are all weed and yup all are critical orange punch strain but there will be differences in the phenotypes produced from the exact same set of parents…. this is a normal occurrence.

the red petioles may indicate mg deficiencies… 73 is kinda low temps to be growing in. Most aim for 80 to 84 indoors temps for lights on period then cooler temps at lights out.

she doesn’t look bad at all, just not as buxom as her sisters…

welcome aboard W33D!

Back
Top Bottom