Daylength issues

Linalool

420 Member
Today is the second day of summer and I’m only just getting enough hours of light to make em grow. Trouble is I’m up in the hills and missing couple hours of direct sun because of hills to the East and West. Planted these girls early October.

IMG_1093.jpeg

IMG_1090.jpeg

IMG_1087.jpeg

How many hours a day are they getting? I've grown in 6 hours direct sunlight, far from ideal but basically got the job done good enough.

I try to choose spots with at least 8 hours direct sun, it doesn't get much better than that in hilly country.

Also what strains are you growing and whats your latitude?

I’m at 32 South. They’re getting 8 or 9 hours full sun atm. Some have gone back into grow, a couple still budding hard, wish it was April and I was about to harvest! Buds are enormous.
Mostly these girls are Baja Blast crosses from a Mosca/Darkhorse collab. Some are my own crosses, Gammaberry x OMFG.

I’m at 32 South. They’re getting 8 or 9 hours full sun atm. Some have gone back into grow, a couple still budding hard, wish it was April and I was about to harvest! Buds are enormous.
Mostly these girls are Baja Blast crosses from a Mosca/Darkhorse collab. Some are my own crosses, Gammaberry x OMFG.

You're at a better latitude than me, I'm at 38 South. Those are some interesting strains.

You're at a better latitude than me, I'm at 38 South. Those are some interesting strains.
Your summer days are a bit longer than ours and a bit drier. We get some nasty storms and generally wet weather at harvest time which can be a challenge.
And yeah, have to admit I do have a seed collecting addiction, probably got enough to last a lifetime and I still buy the next bright shiny thing that comes along…

Back
Top Bottom