Deficiencies and Toxicities at same time?

BakWardzMan

So is this possible? im know im surely dealing with Cal/Mag Deficiencies, but have signs of what looks like N Toxicity.
So can having a toxicity block other nutes uptake giving you deficiencies too? (Making for a shit storm trying to figure out whats happing)

My Cal/mag Def. signs/symptoms: plant heavily brown spotted leaves, started like tiny freckles, then spread from top plant down. so the top is worst affected and in extreme stage now (been dealing with for weeks) also plant was lime green for some time b4 and when brown spots started
but HERES WHERE I QUESTION A TOXICITY... have narrow tips with clawing, and some dark green leaves..Signs of Nitrogen Tox.? (though my plant bn lime green from other Def. so long its hard to tell at this time what a healthy green shld be) looking back over my picture log, most past 3+ weeks my leaves had that sharp tip curl.

i can harvest at anytime now, top nugs are ready, waiting for lower and side buds to rippen..so no fixing issues now...thgh still tryn to stop from gettn worse if let her go for another week. Im glad to get to finish line, (on my fisrt grow) even if i loose some bud by having to trim off allot of the tiny sugar leaves incrusted with tricomes that become part of bud, as dont want those dead brown spots on my nugs) but some the nugs shld be salvageable

Second Question I will post here to since goes with what im thinking... Anybody have any thoughts on Harvesting JUST TOP PART of plants or induvial nugs and letting the lower go longer?...basically harvest just top half of plant and letting bottom go longer? i was thinking this since in this case, my top nugs are rip but getting brown spotted worse everyday, and my lower nugs need to rippen more. hate to loose the big top cola while waiting for side and lower ones to finish.

Grow_live_1712033564228.jpg

Grow_live_1712033564228.jpg

Hey Bak!

Imho leaf color is not dark enough to be N tox…

fugly girls smoke just fine

all the crispy trim can be saved and used for tincture, cobs, etc

Partial harvest works great…

takeaways are 1) weed is a heavy feeder 2) it’s hard to steer out of deficiency in flower… so it’s best to be ahead of the game nutrient wise

Really exceptional plant my friend… seriously don’t be impacted by few brown leaves. You’ve done justice on this girl and it gets easier from here. Yup you will still kill some beans but it will build your skill set

Hey Bak!

Imho leaf color is not dark enough to be N tox…

fugly girls smoke just fine

all the crispy trim can be saved and used for tincture, cobs, etc

Partial harvest works great…

takeaways are 1) weed is a heavy feeder 2) it’s hard to steer out of deficiency in flower… so it’s best to be ahead of the game nutrient wise

Really exceptional plant my friend… seriously don’t be impacted by few brown leaves. You’ve done justice on this girl and it gets easier from here. Yup you will still kill some beans but it will build your skill set
Well those pics don't really show the extent of the damage here are some better ones. it looks really bad from the top, but if you look at buds from the sides and underneath the buds look good. so as I was saying and you said, even if ugly n gotta trim away allot of the nug, i should still have some good bud. not to concerned with volume..as my first grow..just hoping on atleast a ounce of good bud..

20240404_210733.jpg

20240405_080121.jpg

20240405_080129.jpg

20240405_080111.jpg

20240405_080149.jpg

20240405_080219.jpg

I wouldn’t stress it, you’re at the end of the run, those flowers look great for smoking. Most of the sugar leaves get trimmed away anyway since they smoke harsh. That’s the trim people talk about keeping to make stuff like hash and edibles because it is covered in trichomes.

Your leaves look the way they do because the flower is pulling every last nutrient it can out of the leaf. Those brownish spots are definitely calcium so good eye, just know now for next time you need to boost your calcium levels as flower begins or right before.

I don’t see any toxicity, just a plant pulling all of the nutrients it stored in its leaves out of the leaves and into the buds. This will leave your leaves with odd looks as certain nutrients are stored in specific spots of the leaves.

As was already said, good job, especially for your first harvest. A lot of growers don’t make it that far on their first attempt

So can having a toxicity block other nutes uptake giving you deficiencies too? (Making for a shit storm trying to figure out whats happing)
Yes, it is possible. Some consider it to be a form of "lock-out". To get an idea of which nutrients would be locked out or become deficient look at a Mulder's Chart.

Looking at the photos I do not see any green leaves that would be dark enough to be considered signs of to much Nitrogen. I doubt that many of the colors we see are accurate or what you see. The camera is probably set to produce vivid colors or a setting similar to that.

most past 3+ weeks my leaves had that sharp tip curl.
There are growers who feel that if the tips of the fingers are curling down it is a sign of root problems and it they are curling up then it is a sign of too much light or the lights are producing too much heat.

Anybody have any thoughts on Harvesting JUST TOP PART of plants or induvial nugs and letting the lower go longer?...basically harvest just top half of plant and letting bottom go longer?
This can be done if you want. There have been many threads over the years of people using a similar harvesting method.

I wouldn’t stress it, you’re at the end of the run, those flowers look great for smoking. Most of the sugar leaves get trimmed away anyway since they smoke harsh. That’s the trim people talk about keeping to make stuff like hash and edibles because it is covered in trichomes.

Your leaves look the way they do because the flower is pulling every last nutrient it can out of the leaf. Those brownish spots are definitely calcium so good eye, just know now for next time you need to boost your calcium levels as flower begins or right before.

I don’t see any toxicity, just a plant pulling all of the nutrients it stored in its leaves out of the leaves and into the buds. This will leave your leaves with odd looks as certain nutrients are stored in specific spots of the leaves.

As was already said, good job, especially for your first harvest. A lot of growers don’t make it that far on their first attempt
thx yo.....sitting here baked, worring bout it, n tht got me cheerful wit what yr sayn...so thx for tht yo..being a protectionist with evey project i take on, i stress n worry over it not perfect or any problems... was just setting up to try a top harvest only..but i get what yr sayn, might add some good Nutes to her next water and let whole plant got another week or so..
as im leaning to what others have said anout not to flush, feed up till harvest.....ITS a auto flower rated 70-75 to havest. today is day 67..if count from 1inch sprout, 72 since germination)

thx yo.....sitting here baked, worring bout it, n tht got me cheerful wit what yr sayn...so thx for tht yo..being a protectionist with evey project i take on, i stress n worry over it not perfect or any problems... was just setting up to try a top harvest only..but i get what yr sayn, might add some good Nutes to her next water and let whole plant got another week or so..
as im leaning to what others have said anout not to flush, feed up till harvest.....ITS a auto flower rated 70-75 to havest. today is day 67..if count from 1inch sprout, 72 since germination)

I’m the same. Everything should look good to me and if it doesn’t I feel like I’m missing something. I do it in everything from plants, to painting, to hanging Christmas lights. It’s all gotta be clean, even, and to use an Army term, dress right dress.

With plants, I’ve gotta let a little bit of that go. They’re not going to look 100% all the time. That’s not realistic. They’re living things just like we are, and just like we aren’t always 100% squared away, neither are they.

Yes, it is possible. Some consider it to be a form of "lock-out". To get an idea of which nutrients would be locked out or become deficient look at a Mulder's Chart.

Looking at the photos I do not see any green leaves that would be dark enough to be considered signs of to much Nitrogen. I doubt that many of the colors we see are accurate or what you see. The camera is probably set to produce vivid colors or a setting similar to that.

most past 3+ weeks my leaves had that sharp tip curl.
There are growers who feel that if the tips of the fingers are curling down it is a sign of root problems and it they are curling up then it is a sign of too much light or the lights are producing too much heat.

Back
Top Bottom