Deficiency?

Buddua

420 Member
My clones seem to have ran into a recent dilema. My grow is in soil (FFOF) and I was a to wait some time before using nutes due to the soil containing its own. I PH my water before each watering and have just noticed after the most recent watering some changes in some of my leaves. There are brass blotches as well as an odd wrinkling in the leaves. I believed that maybe my girls are telling me they need to be fed or there is something disturbing them.
I grow under an LED grow light, my temps around 22.4c and the humidity is at 56%.
I went in to trim my girls and removed a few of these discolored and wrinkled leaves. Is this a deficiency?
581F4C37-42F0-4B05-803C-B922E055F31B.jpeg
1495A99E-89CE-485C-9D25-A29F5E37685A.jpeg

I can't tell without a picture of the plant, the growing top. I'm thinking your soil is too hot for new clones. A very experienced grower told me to use 10% of your growing soil to 90% seed starter soil until they are 4-5 nodes tall.

This last one looks like a potassium deficiency. In the first photos, the leaves look really dark green.

Maybe the N is locking out the K? That is my stab at it. :D

This last one looks like a potassium deficiency. In the first photos, the leaves look really dark green.

Maybe the N is locking out the K? That is my stab at it. :D
They are both indica plants but yes I do agree there could be a lockout issue. Would I need to adjust my PH again? I was thinking of adding a little dolomite Lyme but don’t wanna stir more trouble! But these girls are indicas and have been pretty dark since purchase so I’m not sure!

What I have learned is don't rush and do one thing at a time.

So if it is lockout, wait for next watering when soil is dry, and flush with 3X the pot size of just tap water. If you have it in a gallon pot, flush with 3 gallons of water. Then wait for soil to dry out. Think of it as just a watering.

When soil is dry again, feed with nutes ph'ed as you would (6.3 or so) just as you regularly would. Let dry, water with just ph'ed water, dry, nutes at 6.3, etc, etc.

Hope it helps. This is what I would do based off my own experience (and help on this forum) from my last lockout. Biggest thing I learned is be patient, plant isn't going to die right away, give it a way to heal.

Back
Top Bottom