First true leaves are clumps and have white tips or hairs

Xedout9X

I'm a first time grower and all of my 5 seeds were successful in sprouting. I placed 3 in a hydroponic system after leaving them in the soil until they sprouted. All are a nice dark green with roots growing crazy and strong, however, in the past couple days I've noticed that 2 of my plants aren't growing their first true leaves (one still in the soil and the other in the AG). Instead they started growing 2 white hairs attached to 2 wrinkled clumps of green. Can anyone shed some type of light on what these green wrinkled clumps are? Is it sick? Is it sexing itself already?.....PLEASE HELP!!!

It turns out that the two little guys were a mutation. Nothing could be don't to save them. To allow them to grow would mean spending extra time and care on them and that quite possibly might not have helped either. It wasn't worth keeping the weeones so I got rid of them, but the others are still growing strong for bagseeds. Both in water and in the aerogarden unit I have. For me it doesn't seem like there is a difference between soil and the ag. In both they are big and strong and in only 1 1/2weeks they are already working on second and third sets of leaves so I'm pretty positive that these guys will be okay :0). Anybody have ideas or suggestions just lemme know!

Back
Top Bottom