Desperate need of advice on seedling!

OnionGobbler

I had a WWxSensi Star seed that had a taproot that was around 3/4 of an inch long. I planted it in a 4 inch square pot, I made the whole a bit to deep as in like 2 thirds of the way down, and dropped the seed in taproot down. I know you're only supposed to make it a little ways down from the surface but i fucked up because its my first time and had a few bong tokes which inhibited my decision making more than i surmised it would. Anyway..

Will my seed survive? or will it likely die?

excellent, Thats quite good timing. I appreciate it.... I just thought that the top of the seedling needed oxygen to grow properly.

thanks again

most likley it will eventually pop out of the soil. Don't water it too much or the soil will be too heavy for the sprout to grow.

You definitely risk your seed not sprouting if you plant it too deep. It only has a certain amout of energy to use to reach the surface or most importantly the light. Might make it might not. Good luck and let us know what happens. :)

Alright, it broke the surface 2 days ago, but the seed has yet to come off of the top ... and the stem is roughly 12 cm or 3 inches and starting to bend slightly, I would think that this would make the stem weaker in the long run.

the other 4 are doing fine, they were planted within 4 days of each other and the leaves are sprouting nicely and they range from 1-2 inches. they're under 2 40w fluros for now.

Anyways, if i try to help the seed off the top will i harm the seedling? or should i just let it take its course?

Yeah it should be fine if it doesn't come off soon though you can help it a little just be gentle, I had to do it on one of mine. How close do you have the lights?

really...i was told 6-12 inches and the seedlings vary in size. Currently i have 2 40w fluros and a 400w HPS which is in the flowering chamber

Back
Top Bottom