Seedling troubles. Need advice

mortimer

What's funny is I have had very little to no trouble germinating and sprouting. Plants have always seemed to do well. I germinate using the napkin and plastic bag and then put them in peat pellets. They will sprout and thats where I have been having problems of late. My last four seedlings have all died. Three were Blue Himalayan Deisels and one was a Blue Widow. All dead. They stretched a little and then just stopped growing. I kept them moist and under one cfl. I thought they were to close to the light so I moved them down. They are in a computer case with 2 intake and 2 outtake fans. I have always done it this way with success. Perhaps the seeds are a little old maybe around a year. Also thought it could be bad phenomes. Maybe it's me. Any ideas? I have 2 more germinating now. Another BHD (my last one) and a Paradise Seed Wappa. It was free but don't know much about it. Any comments would be great. My last grow of Northern Lights was highly successful so I am stumped on this one. Thanks for looking.

Re: Seedling troubles. Need advice.

try not using the pellets try using something like Foxfarms seedling starter soil "Light Warrior" ... no nutes to start

Re: Seedling troubles. Need advice.

try not using the pellets try using something like Foxfarms seedling starter soil "Light Warrior" ... no nutes to start

OK I'll look into that. I use the hempy bucket so my grow medium is 100% perlite. Never had trouble with the peat pellets before but I'll do some research on that. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom