My problem seedling - Please help

mortimer

Wow. Not sure I understand all what is going on but I have been growing about 5 years. First 2 years with soil and using hempy buckets ever since. I have never had seedling trouble before but now am having a terrible streak of bad luck and dead seedlings. I have lost about 10 seedlings of various strains in the past couple of months. I can germinate them and get them to pop successfully but after that, they start going downhill. Here's more info: Since I use hempy buckets I plant them in rockwool cubes. I keep the cubes under a dome after they pop and under a couple of CFL bulbs in a grow cabinet in the closet. I admit the temps can rise to 80-85 during the early part of the day but once I get home around 3pm they cool to around 78. Humidity is around 50%. I use distilled water to keep the cubes moist but not saturated. I give some very lite nutes once the second set of leaves start and the cotyledons begin to wither. Sometimes the leaves will start to yellow a little so I tend to give the lite nutes at that time. In one of my pictures you will see 2 seedlings. One of those died and the other which is White Critical is not looking too good. It does have some green in the middle but hasn't really changed for days. I am considering going back to basics and using soil again because I am behind my growing schedule. Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thanks so much.

20150318_182526.jpg

20150316_191346.jpg

Here is the survivor, the White Critical. Looks bad. Anyone?

20150330_190718.jpg

Re: My problem seedling. Please help.

I forgot to mention that most of those seeds were kinda old. Stored properly but some were 1 to 2 years old. Also my be a factor.

It looks like nute burn. I would just try to switch to root riot plugs or jiffy pellets, cause i grow only in perlite hempy, and have never had a problem like that with seedlings, even when giving them light nutes at a week or two old

Re: My problem seedling. Please help.

It looks like nute burn. I would just try to switch to root riot plugs or jiffy pellets, cause i grow only in perlite hempy, and have never had a problem like that with seedlings, even when giving them light nutes at a week or two old

I agree that it looks like that even though I have been only giving trace amounts. But when the leaves start turning yellow I feel like its lack of nutes that are causing that so I add the trace amount. Thanks for the input I may try the jiffy pellets.

Back
Top Bottom