Slow growth seedlings

sadhu9

I have seeds that have germinated and have their cotyledons leaves, but they haven't grown in almost two weeks! Do I need to be more patient? They are under a T5 lite and are on a heat mat. The temp is around 80 degrees F. I used rockwool cubes, coir and soil to start them in and they are all taking their time to grow! Usually. I have growing plants by now?
Any suggestions??????

IMG_57924.JPG

My camera is not working! The seedlings that I am having the problem is the ones planted in coir. This was a Burpee germination kit w/ 32 tray system w/ the coir tablets. I have used this system before with success but this time the seeds came up and grew 1/2"-1" and then they just stopped! It has been over two weeks and still no growth? The trays have a self watering feature so the coir has the right amount of moisture.
The plants in the peat pots are in Formula 707 organic soil which I have used before. Those seedlings germinated 5 days ago and seem to be doing fine.
If I get my camera working, I'll take some pics of the coir seedlings. I also had bad luck w/ using rockwool to get my seedlings going. They all died! The seeds for all three different type germination methods came from the same seed bank. Hopefully, the peat pots will grow and survive!!!!
Thanks for your help...

The only thing I can thonk of sadhu is that your media has too much nutriet in it.
But as you say you were successful previously, so this wouldn't add up .

Back
Top Bottom