Trouble germinating seeds

Also on a cloner its crucial to make sure all the jets are clear and all are spraying in the same direction, as in all spray heads are tightened to the exact same allignment. Otherwise some spots are too wet and some are too dry. They are finicky but work well after a tweakini. It worked good but I was always cutting extra for the ones that didn't make it but 1 time I had some roots come out like spaghetti I mean THICK dia. Wise I was like HOLY SHIT but only the one Time I fell asleep after I geled them for a couple hrs and forgot to turn on the machine I couldn't duplicate that root growth again and I tried

I usually try not to take any clones that aren't fleshy green and solid inside unless that's all I got on hand I didn't have to much luck with the hollow ones I use the drip and grow acid hormone
When I start non-feminized seeds I usually end up with the really large clones from waiting 8 weeks-ish to see sex.

On feminized seeds I clone straight into a coco based medium with smaller clones.

I love the big clones. You take them the second sex shows and cut them 3 nodes tall. The bottom 2 nodes haven't started to stagger yet so the bottom 4 branches are in 2 nodes, not 4. It trains better than a staggered clone.

Domestic water will generally have a temp of 25-30degC.
I guess if you are growing outdoors & getting water straight from a hose this would be true. But, if you are growing indoors & letting your water sit for 24 hours first, then the water should be closer to room temp. My water sits for 2-3 days before I mix nutes. I never use a heat mat at all. Since I grow indoors & keep my house at 77F, I figure the lights in the tent keep things plenty warm enough that there's no need for a heat mat.

Good morning GEE64 I just got an alert from Joe Lamp I'm subscribed to Growing a Greener World check it out he's got a technique for soil blocking with the Swift Blocker like you said they are expensive out of the gate but I'm thinking it'll save BIG in the long run and it looks like the cats meow! I'll let you know when I get it and try it on the GEESpot but Lamps got a good video out on it with a good blocker soil recipe He's a veggie grower but it all relates ✌️

Good morning GEE64 I just got an alert from Joe Lamp I'm subscribed to Growing a Greener World check it out he's got a technique for soil blocking with the Swift Blocker like you said they are expensive out of the gate but I'm thinking it'll save BIG in the long run and it looks like the cats meow! I'll let you know when I get it and try it on the GEESpot but Lamps got a good video out on it with a good blocker soil recipe He's a veggie grower but it all relates ✌️
Very cool! Thanks Sea👊 I will indeed check that out! Please do give us a demo. How big would you guess the cubes are?

I have the Soil Blocker presses and tried them for a while years ago, though no longer use them. They come in several different sizes that produce blocks that fit inside the next size up allowing for up-potting with not much fuss.

The soil mix is important to get right as is the amount of force you use when making the blocks. You want the blocks to hold together by themselves since there's no outer shell, but don't want it too compact which will restrict root growth.

Eliot Coleman, another organic veggie gardener has a whole series on using them as well.

I have the Soil Blocker presses and tried them for a while years ago, though no longer use them. They come in several different sizes that produce blocks that fit inside the next size up allowing for up-potting with not much fuss.

The soil mix is important to get right as is the amount of force you use when making the blocks. You want the blocks to hold together by themselves since there's no outer shell, but don't want it too compact which will restrict root growth.

Eliot Coleman, another organic veggie gardener has a whole series on using them as well.
Cool beans Thanks for the information I'll check that out as well ,and thanks 🙏👍

Let's see if this link works
It works Sea. Thats pretty cool. The cubes are bigger than I thought they would be. I guess maybe an egg flipper to lift them out for transplant?

They make them smaller too, like 1" square cubes for starting small seeds. The smaller ones have more cubes to the press than the larger ones (obv). I think 64 on the 1" size?
That's more my style I see one of the bean places has 1pk beans on sale I think it might be a good time to check out some different strains. I'm a BIG FAN of Barney's farm Beans the Dutch and Cunuks got it going on with beans In my opinion

Back
Top Bottom