DIF Professional Temp Control

Urdedpal

DIF is not a acronym, it's the diffrence in average day temp and night temp.
If your day temp is 80f day and 70f night the difference is +10. If the day temp is 72f and night is 76f the dif is -4.
Ambient temp is important to plant development. Temps determine the rate of biochemical reactions. It also influences the production and activities of the plants hormones and enzymes. Higher night temps results with the plants having shorter distances between the branches or nodes. This causes the plant to be more compact with more internodes.(more budding areas)
DIF is used for reducing plant height and creating denser flower(bud) formations. The best DIF for marijuana is 0 to - 8f. I would go with 0 because it is easier.
Just try to keep a constant temp of 76F and you will see amazing results.

U

Urdedpal said:
DIF is not a acronym, it's the diffrence in average day temp and night temp.
If your day temp is 80f day and 70f night the difference is +10. If the day temp is 72f and night is 76f the dif is -4.
Ambient temp is important to plant development. Temps determine the rate of biochemical reactions. It also influences the production and activities of the plants hormones and enzymes. Higher night temps results with the plants having shorter distances between the branches or nodes. This causes the plant to be more compact with more internodes.(more budding areas)
DIF is used for reducing plant height and creating denser flower(bud) formations. The best DIF for marijuana is 0 to - 8f. I would go with 0 because it is easier.
Just try to keep a constant temp of 76F and you will see amazing results.

U
Thank you for reminding me of this. I experience the negative dif in the summer because it gets so hot that my lights off temp is as warm if not warmer than lights on. It doesn't help that my room sits on the north west corner of my house and is always in the sun during the hottest part of the day.

Some grow bibles touch on the subject too. Does make a difference when I recorded grows with different temps.
And Akorn you are so right, I don't really care for that kind pf purp cause it always fade and makes the weed look dark.

Back
Top Bottom