Passive Air Day/Night Temp Control System - Is this something anybody would want?

kahaubrich

Hello,

A buddy of mine is growing and he wants a system that could control the day and night temperature in his grow room using his passive air system. I designed a system using a timer for day and night and two very precise temperature controllers (one set to ~76F during the day the other set to ~65F at night) I think thats the night temp he wanted, I'm not a grower so I'm not sure if thats exactly it but it could be set at any temp really. Then two relays that control the signals.

The system would basically kick on his fan until the temp dropped to whatever temp he wants. Then it would turn the fan off. I could build the system for $250 if anybody wants one. But really I was wondering if this is a good idea?

If the room was cold, I would just stick a heater in there so the system still cycles air every now and again. Or a switch could be added that is just a fan on mode. Then a heater could take care of temp control. This way there is not humidity build up. What would you guys want in a system like this?

I think it would mess up a CO2 system but he doesn't have one. There could be another control that turns the CO2 system off while the fans are on, but I don't really know how those systems work so if anybody has some insight on that that would be appreciated.

Here is the schematic.

Thanks!

IMG_307912.JPG

Back
Top Bottom