4000W with Passive Intake or Closed Tent with Co2?

ScrogOrDie

Hi all, long-time grower here. I have never used CO2 before, and just wanted to know whether it's worth investing in. I have heard typical yield increases are around 20% with the most important benefit in increased speed of growth.

I'm guessing we're gonna have a hot summer where I am, and I think I could really maximise my results, if I can make good use of the high temps with CO2.

Here is an image of my typical setup:

1661633822509.png

I use 4 x 1000W bulbs in 6" air-cooled hoods with two 6" high-speed fans pulling through two 6" full-length carbon filters. I know it's not in the image (rushed it), but I have two 6" duct mufflers, too. I have used an intake fan in the past, but during the winter I usually only need the passive intakes. I usually grow either 36 or 64 plants and always in a scrog. I can usually pull between 108oz and 256oz depending on the strain.

If I were to use CO2, I would close the passive intake holes (obviously), and convert the exhaust system to pull air from outside over my lights and out the tent into the room. If temps became too hot even for CO2, I would get an air conditioner for the room. Do you think that this is the best way to go? I'd love to try CO2, as I have been growing for years, and have never tried it. If it could speed up veg, and allow higher temps, it would be sweet.

I have heard of these bottles of some sort of yeast concoction (I assume) which produce a surprising amount of CO2. You have to shake them each day, and replace them every few weeks. Is it best to invest in a proper setup, or do cheaper alternatives actually work? Any tips from people who have used CO2 would be most welcome.

Any other ideas on how to optimise my grow are welcome, too. :)

Back
Top Bottom